Ringtone & Alert Manager
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By AldersoNet
Set Ringtones for Text, Phone, Email.
• Contact Ringtones gives you control of your ringtones. Easily set and manage the ringtones of any contact. When that contact texts, calls, or emails, you'll be notified. Very simple.
• Also set a Free-Form Alert. Specify a phrase; when a message is received containing that phrase, you'll be notified. Example: Set up an alert with the phrase "emergency" that plays a truck horn at full volume for 5 seconds.
Here's how easy: To set up
• Contacts: Select a contact, press the Text, Phone, or Email Icon, set the ringtone.
• Free-Form: Enter a phrase, fields to match, set the ringtone.
• All contacts with ringtones are shown on one screen, the Edit Tab. All free-form alerts are shown on one screen, the Free-Form Tab.
Are you in stealth mode? This app also gives you the ability to listen for email and texts from only the people you decide. To do this, turn off notifications from your email and text apps, and assign ringtones to only your most important contacts (Tip: set the Global Text Ringtone to "silent" so that you only hear assigned ringtones).
• Text, phone, and email ringtones for any contact
• Free-form text and email ringtones using any phrase
• Manage ringtones from one screen
• Use the widget to:
• Easy access to Contact Ringtones
• Silence ringtones or set them to Low, Medium, or Hi
• Silent mode options: play except in silent mode, always silent or never silent
• Play for 1 loop (start to end), or between 1 and 10 seconds
• Vibrate options: soft, normal, hard and vibrate only in vibrate mode
• Notification of each ringtone in the status bar
• Notification light
• Individual volume for the ringtone or just leave at the system default
Free-Form Alerts look in the Subject, Text Message Body, From, To, Cc and Bcc fields. It does not match any part of the email body.
Privacy: Absolutely no data or information is saved or shared anywhere but on your phone. All passwords are encrypted. Communications with your email server are done exclusively through secure IMAP, which encrypts all data.
Control Yourself™, Contact Ringtones
Note that this is a sleeker, slimmer, much-improved version of the old AutomatonAlert. Some of the features of AutomatonAlert, such as saving alerts and setting alert alarms aren't part of the new version. If it makes sense to. at some point in the future, these features will be added back in. Send us an email and let us know!
Read/Receive SMS/MMS/WAP & Vibrate – intercept (and pass along) in order to sound the ringtone
Read/Write Contacts – show contact list & set phone ringtone
Internet – Scan email for contacts
Network State – Ensure we're connected before scanning email
Read/Write External Storage – Writes silent.mp3 (4 seconds of silence) to storage
Get Tasks – Lets app show contact list without re-launching the main screen
Wake Lock – Keeps the app running long enough to sound the ringtone
Boot Completed – Runs the server at boot in order to automatically process sms/mms and scan email
Billing – Allows in-app upgrade purchases
Tags: notification ringtone that goes off until you acknowledge it.
- Backup/Restore now available!
- Quiet Time without vibrate option
- Won't alert if email has already been read
- Ask to rate
- Small screen friendly
- bugs & speed