SABdude pro is a client for SABnzbd+. A search engine with different search providers is integrated as well as various administrative functions for SABnzbd+.
This application will require an accessable SABnzbd+ service running on an host/IP that is reachable via your local network or from the internet. You also need a minimum version of SABnzbd+ of 0.5 to get this application working properly.
The pro version is not limited in its functions. It does not contain any ads!
Which permissions does SABdude require and why are they needed?
- android.permission.INTERNET: Communication with SABnzbd+ and NZB search engines
- android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: SABnzbd+ connectivity check via wifi
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: SABnzbd+ connectivity check via mobile networks (GPRS, Edge, 3G, 4G, ...)
- android.permission.NFC: Wireless SABdude preferences sync between two devices running SABdude
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Backup SABdude settings to/restore from sd card
SABdude pro features:
- Easy setup.
- NFC beam SABdude settings between your devices
- SSL encrypted communication with SABnzbd+ (needs to be configured separately in SABnzbd+, but its easy, works with self signed SSL certs)
- SSL encrypted communication with all search providers
- QR Code scan of SABnzbd+ API key
- Automatic determination of SABnzbd+ API key after entering the SABnzbd+ login data
- Automatic determination of Newzbin API key after entering the SABnzbd+ login data
- Backup, restore and reset of all settings (makes life easier on different devices!)
- Pause & resume the queue and single items.
- Queue prioritization functions (move items up, down, bottom, to top, to bottom)
- Search and queue search results based on the included search providers (see provider list)
- Search history. Suggestions based on previous searches are made upon new searches (history can easily be cleared)
- Queue all search results displayed
- Direct transmission of an NZB URL to SABnzbd+
- ICS Theme Chooser (dark/light, should work even on Android 2.x devices)
- NZB handler
- Much more!
SABdude should work well with all kinds of android phones and tables, just to name a few:
- Samsung Galaxy Ace
- Samsung Galaxy S I9000 (a.k.a Galaxy S1)
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Samsung Galaxy S III
- Samsung Galaxy Note 1 N7000
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
- Galaxy Nexus S
- HTC Desire
- HTC Desire HD
- LG Optimus Speed
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet
- Lenovo A1 Tablet
- Huawei Ideos series
- Suomi (Finland)
- additional languages coming soon!
Supported search providers:
- Newzbin (account required!)
- NZBs.in (free Account and API key required!)
- additional search providers coming soon!
- Support for other search providers.
- Search across multiple search providers.
- Language support for additional languages.
- Online setup tool, makes initial setup a lot easier!
- Bluetooth & Wifi synchronisation between two devices with SABdude
- Multi SABnzbd+ profiles
- Feature missing? Drop me a line!
If you've found a bug, drop me a line. If you've suggestions for new features, too!
Report bugs and suggestions to new functions directly here:
- Optimized query interface (set min/max size, min/max age, newsgroup, etc.pp.)
- Adapted Newzbin domain change, should work now
- Removed NZBMatrix due to platform shutdown