Scanthing (OCR & PDF Creator)
5,000 - 10,000 downloads
- Text extraction from scanned documents
- Extract by batches
- Supports up to 33 languages (Google Translate)
- Interface could be improved
- It doesn't convert documents to different formats
Scanthing allows you to scan any document from your gallery or using your back camera
What's more, Scanthing extracts text from pictures and documents and allows you to search by keywords on your phone using OCR tech. Scan cards, newspapers articles, letters, full articles, pictures... whatever you need. Actually text extraction is its added-value feature. However, unlike other scanning apps, it doesn't includes conversion to different formats. Anyway, we must insist that its OCR tech seems really above average.
After capturing the document, you can rotate and crop the text you want to extract. Bear in mind that it works with all kinds of typefaces but not with handwriting. It works along Google Translate, so it supports up to more than 30 languages. After scanning you can search for your documents by means of the search bar at the top. What's more, you can convert by batches and after that associate tags to your documents.
In a nutshell, this a useful app if what you want to do is an specific thing: extracting text from scanned documents. As scanner itself, there are other more complete apps on the Android Market. However, the most of them don't extract text or don't do it better than Scanthing. For this reason, it's well worth to give it a go.
Mentioned on USA Today - http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/06/26/small-business-apps/2445715/
Scanthing extracts text from pictures and documents and allows you to search for them by keywords on your phone using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology. It supports image cleaning and conversion to PDF, including creating keyword searchable PDFs from your image. Its the only Document Scanner you need. Scanthing supports OCR in 33 languages.
Follow us on twitter for updates on new releases - https://twitter.com/Scanthing
**** 1 DAY REFUND POLICY *****
If you are unhappy please email us with your transaction id and we will refund as long as you brought the app in last 24 hours.
Full Feature List:
* Capture your image using our dedicated camera, your mobile’s own camera or an existing image from your gallery. Rotate and crop the text you want to extract.
* Then extract the text using our powerful server-side OCR that runs in the background so you can carry on using your phone.
* Create a print friendly version of your image using our image cleaning feature.
* Create a PDF of the extracted text, or, a searchable PDF from your image.
* Using a Text-To-Speech Engine of your choice (we recommend IVONA) you can play back the text, sentence by sentence directly through Scanthing.
* Scanthing will automatically recognize and extract contact information, such as Telephone Numbers, Web URLs and Email Addresses.
* Works with all printed typefaces, but please note it will not be able to read your handwriting.
* Special #EyesFree mode for blind or partially sighted through integration with Android Talkback and Explore By Touch. Users can, with one click, capture an image, trigger OCR and then have the text played back on the phone through text to speech.
* Use with Google Translate on your phone to convert from one of the 33 languages we support to another.
* Fully secured HTTPS connection to our servers. We do not retain your image or extracted text after processing.
* After Scan, search for your documents by just using a few keywords.
* Share image or extracted text by Email, Dropbox, Evernote, Google
Translate and other apps.
* Add more images to existing documents, see documents by thumbnails.
* Convert many documents at once in a batch, because the OCR processing is done on our servers the performance of your phone is not affected.
* Associate Tags with your documents and then use Tags to find documents fast when your on the move.
* Support for 33 languages, just set your default version in the settings.
* The app itself has been translated to German, French, Spanish and
OCR Languages Supported:
Keywords: OCR, Scan, Document Scanner, ScanToPDF, Receipt Scanner,
Extract Text, camscanner, docscanner, optical character recognition,
Text-To-Speech, TTS, MobileOCR, Google Goggles, OCR Test, KNFB
reader, Mobile OCR Free, Mobile OCR, Extract Text from images, mOCRa,
MobiReader, TalkBack, Blind Reader, Screen Reader, PDF Creator, Searchable PDF.
2.03 - Fix Gingerbread crash, gallery issues with KitKat and a rare crash with opening PDFs
2.01 - Important fix for crash on ICS (4.0) or older.
Create a print friendly version of your image using our image cleaning feature.
Create a PDF of the extracted text, or, a searchable PDF from your image.
Can now automatically share the OCR result to the application of your choice.
New home screen with a bigger view of your documents.
Various bug fixes and small enhancements.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Working great on my note 3
tried about 10x over a day to get a simle few words abel picture and on last attempt a small part of book page ocred but grt always no connectioc to serber error -neither can i get refund as in my country there is no google wallet, wasted almost 4€ for
Not working I want refund
I love all the features in this app. I tried many other apps and so far this is the best. I don't regret buying it. It would be great if when cropping the picture we could all four lines independently because not all text are shown in the picture as perfe
Please remove the "SERVER ISSUES" notice from this product's page! That was in July, for godsake! You're still having the same problems? If you are, then you need to remove this product from the Google Play Store; and if you're not, then you need to st
FC on Nexus 7 2013
Absolutely disappointed. Specially because I had paid for it. I'd like a refund.