Scientific/Financial RPN DEMO
5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Laurent Rodier
My RPN calculator is a scientific and financial calculator inspired by the Hewlett-Packard HP-10C series pocket calculators of the 80s, most notably the HP 12C and HP 15C models.
These software version has borrowed the RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) and the look&feel of those calculators. It features classical 4 operations, logarithms, trigonometry, statistics, financial,and macros for easy programming. It also features complete support for complex numbers along with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th degree equations solving.
Its unique magenta L key allows switching from one layout to another, thus saving space on small displays like smartphones without compromising usability.
Support for gestures allows switching from one keyboard to another by swiping left or right, and a light swipe up or down on a key executes the associated f or g function, without any need to actually press the f or g key.
See the web pages of the application at http://calc.lsrodier.net for complete keys description and samples.
My RPN calculator is compatible with all devices running Android 2.1 and up and supports both horizontal and vertical orientations. It does however requires a device with a minimum screen resolution of 320x480 (or 480x320 according to orientation). Note that tablet screens 1280x800 and 1024x600 are properly managed.
Summary of the main functions:
* RPN input
* Portrait/landscape and multi-resolution layouts
* Gesture support for extended/simplified inputs
* Arithmetic functions (+, -, x, /, 1/x, +/-, etc)
* Trigonometry, logarithms, hyperbolic trigonometry
* Percentages (+, -, variation, total)
* Complete complex numbers support
* 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade equations solving
* Unit conversions (temperatures, distances, etc)
* Macros (up to 10 programs) for simple programming tasks
Summary of the main statistical functions:
* 1- and 2-variable statistics
* Sums (Σx, Σx2, Σy, Σy2, Σxy)
* Mean, weighted mean, standard deviation
* Linear regression
* Correlation coefficient
* Linear estimation
Summary of the financial functions:
* Simple and compound interests
* Cash flow analysis (NPV, IRR)
* Depreciation (SL, DB, SOYD)
Tags: 28s, rpn calculator html website code, rpn calculator demo layout, androis rpn widget, code polish notation, rpn calculator code, my rpn calculator handbook, reverse polish notation scientific calculator, calculator widget tablet, rpn.
Tap the display to open options
Larger font size in dialogs
Named macro support
Galaxy Nexus support
New layouts for 1024x600 displays
New i key for direct complex numbers input
Memory registers on Search key
Financial registers dialog
Conversions and constants (menu and option)
'Duplicate on ENTER' option
New layouts for tablets and large displays
Display format of the numbers option
Financial functions (HP-12C)
Macros for easy programming
Complete statistics functions