Simple Calendar Widget
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- High configurable
- Local, gmail and other calendar integration
- There's no weather info
- There's no clock included
Simple Calendar Widget is a minimalist calendar for your Android home screen
A minimalist-looking but high configurable calendar widget. Bear in mind that this isn't an app (you won't find it on your app drawer): it's a widget so you need to long-press on your screen > widgets > simple calendar widget to set it.
There are three widget size: small, medium and large. You can choose what calendars are integrated with Simple Calendar Widget from settings: local calendar, gmail calendar and any other active calendar on your device. Regarding appearance, you can set different skins (SiMi Clock events included), change background and text color, choose opacity level, font size... It's just amazing how configurable this calendar is. You can set what to show: day of the month/week, date format, time-zone offset, etc.
Simple Calendar Widget has been developed by Alex Gavrishev, an emerging developer focused on screen widget for Android.
In summary, Simple Calendar Widget is minimalist regarding appearance but really complete regarding customizing. Recommendable.
Support a lot of configuration options:
* Different skins
* Possibility to choose which calendars to show
* Font style and background customization
* Show or hide current day of month
* Possibility to choose which application to open
* Support of tasks using Dato GTasks or Astrid
* Works on phones and tablets
*How to add widget to homescreen
On home screen press "menu", then "add", click on "widgets" and choose "Simple Calendar Widget" from the list
(If you can't press add button for some reason, workaround is to press and hold any space on the home screen and a menu pops up)
On most of devices with Android 4.0 widget can be found under "Widgets" tab in app drawer
* Can't find Simple Calendar in list of Widgets
Try to restart home launcher application (or device)
* Re-size widget
Android 3.0+ supports by default. For older Android versions this can be dome by installing alternative home launcher application
* Options missing since Simple Calendar Widget 2.3 update (Alternative layouts, Line color, Scrollable hack)
The options can be found in menu under Skin -> Simi Skin -> Alternative layouts/Options
* Show weather forecast on the widget
Just set it up in settings of desktop version of Google calendar.
For steps just search for "Weather forecasts in your calendar" in Google.
* Include more interesting calendars like holidays, birthday dates or sport news.
Search for "Add interesting calendars from Google Calendar" and follow the instructions
READ CALENDAR - access to the calendar information
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Backup to sd-card,
BILLING - Used by Donate button in order to communicate with Android Market
* Fixed Tablet Devices crash on open Settings
* Misc UI changes and bug fixes. Removed donate option. Added one banner ad at the top of each settings page (no ads on the widget).
* Fixed crash when opening settings on pre-honeycomb devices
* Fixed crash when gtasks is not available
* Removed in-app donation
* SimpleCalendarWidget is now owned by MyColorScreen.com
* Fix donation bug
* Add icons and information
* Other minor bugfixes
A nice attractive, fluid app, and well worth the price of admission.
Nice customizable widget, it now takes a whole screen on my Galaxy S2 and I use it a lot.
Takes some time to setup the appearance. Might scare inpatient users. Add some templates or more themes.
Hi Guys, You had done a great job on this. I love the minimalistic design of the widget. But few suggestion and querys from my side. Please add padding for the attributes and the widget is not refreshing daily. I would appreciate if you fix these issues.
Everything I was looking for, and scrollable :-)
Hope it only gets better. It's pretty much basic right now. And there is not much to be changed or done about this app.