Simple Calendar Widget
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- High configurable
- Local, gmail and other calendar integration
- There's no weather info
- There's no clock included
Simple Calendar Widget is a minimalist calendar for your Android home screen
A minimalist-looking but high configurable calendar widget. Bear in mind that this isn't an app (you won't find it on your app drawer): it's a widget so you need to long-press on your screen > widgets > simple calendar widget to set it.
There are three widget size: small, medium and large. You can choose what calendars are integrated with Simple Calendar Widget from settings: local calendar, gmail calendar and any other active calendar on your device. Regarding appearance, you can set different skins (SiMi Clock events included), change background and text color, choose opacity level, font size... It's just amazing how configurable this calendar is. You can set what to show: day of the month/week, date format, time-zone offset, etc.
Simple Calendar Widget has been developed by Alex Gavrishev, an emerging developer focused on screen widget for Android.
In summary, Simple Calendar Widget is minimalist regarding appearance but really complete regarding customizing. Recommendable.
***Latest update (2.4.8): Major ad spamming issue fixed, switched to a different ad provider. As requested by many users, we have also released a completely ad-free pro version of Simple Calendar, get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anod.calendarpro***
Features and Configuration Options Include:
- Font style and background customization
- Select which application opens on click
- Fonts, colors, text size
- Supports tasks using Dato and GTasks
- How do I place the widget on my homescreen?
Long-press your homescreen, choose "widgets," find "Simple Calendar Widget," and drag it to the homescreen. On most Android 4.0 devices, widgets can be found under the "Widgets" tab in app drawer.
- I can't find Simple Calendar in my widget list!
Try restarting your device.
- How do I resize the widget?
Android 3.0+ supports resizing of widgets by default. For older Android versions this can be done by installing an alternate launcher.
- How do I show the weather forecast on the widget?
On your desktop Google calendar, just add weather. For instructions, search Google for "Weather forecasts in your calendar".
- How do I add holidays, birthdays, or sports schedules?
- Search Google for "Adding interesting dates to Google Calendar" and follow the instructions.
READ CALENDAR: Access to the calendar information
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Backup to SD card
* Minor UI changes and bug fixes. New ad provider with more normal ads.
* Fixed Tablet Devices crash on open Settings
* Misc UI changes and bug fixes. Removed donate option. Added one banner ad at the top of each settings page (no ads on the widget).
* Fixed crash when opening settings on pre-honeycomb devices
* Fixed crash when gtasks is not available
* Removed in-app donation
Does the job perfectly!
Very tweakable widget to use instead of the standard widgets that come with your calendar app. The free version works well and you only get ads on the config screen not the widget. Working on android 4.1.
This is best for me.
I'm using Nexus 5 and no simple calender widgets appear in the widgets window
Brand new Nexus 5, simple widget on home screen = 19% of battery usage.
Crashes on my tablet. Love the customization ❤, look forward to fix for tablet (asus transformer).
Was getting so frustrated, until I found this Simple Calendar. Switched from HTC to S3.... All I wanted was a Holo style agenda that showed more than a week!!! I'll spare you the S3 is an iPhone calling itself a droid speech......... I wish this wasnt an