SimpleMind mind mapping
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Helpful tool
- Simple and efficient
- Could be more comprehensive
+ By ModelMaker Tools
An efficiency tool to organize your thoughts
SimpleMind Free Mind Mapping is a tool that is perfect for organizing your thoughts and unleashing your creative potential. This app will help you design a mind map and write your ideas so all the concepts are properly organized and sorted out.
The interface couldn't be simpler and you'll quickly get the hang of all the tools. Simply create new bubbles, drag them around and connect them between each other to craft the perfect mind map.
Perfect for multiple purposes: students, workshops, brainstorming... And even for drafting your personal ambitions.
It could add more options and features (like desktop versions) but it's nevertheless efficient and helpful.
• SimpleMind Desktop is available for Windows and Mac - http://www.simpleapps.eu/simplemind/desktop
• SimpleMind for iOS is available for iPhone/iPad - http://www.simpleapps.eu/simplemind/touch
• Easy to use - drag, arrange and edit topics on the Mind Map page.
• Tap or drag Node Well to add new Topics.
• Cross Links - use Node Well to add Cross Links between any two topics.
• Undo/Redo in the editor - full Undo capabilities make editing and experimenting easy.
• Reconnect topics using drag drop, aided by topic auto-layout.
• Word wrap tool allows easy adjusting of topic width.
• Cut, Copy, Paste - move or duplicate topics between Mind Maps.
• Rotate a branch using the Rotate tool.
• Apply visual styles - change colors, borders and lines for maximum presentation impact.
• Pick colors from style color palette or choose custom colors.
• Insert Images or Photos in topics.
• Assign Stock Icons or User defined Icons to topics.
• Clickable Check boxes inside topics.
• Hyperlink topics to other Mind Maps for easy navigation between (sub) Maps.
• Add links to web pages or files on device.
• Collapse/Expand (Hide/Show) branches to maintain overview in large Mind Maps.
• Re-layout branches for selected topic or apply Strict Layout to entire Mind Map.
• Add floating texts (Labels) to topics and relations.
• Use arrows in relations.
• Auto numbering - inside or below topic.
• Multiple Maps on single page.
• Create new (linked) MindMap from selection.
• Large Mind Map support - unlimited page size.
• Full screen Presentation Mode.
• Search in Mind Maps on Title or Topics.
• Organize your Mind Maps in Folders.
• Store Mind Maps in any public directory on device
• Native integrated Dropbox support allows automatic synchronizing of modified Mind Maps with other android devices, SimpleMind desktop (Win/Mac) or SimpleMind iOS (iPad/iPhone) via your Dropbox account.
• Export to Dropbox in PNG or JPEG image, Html outline, Text outline, freemind or opml format.
• "Send" your Mind Map via standard apps such as Mail, DropBox App and more.
◦ Formats: native SimpleMind Map, PNG and JPEG (high resolution) image, Html outline, Text outline, freemind and opml.
• "View" your mind map as PNG image.
• Print Mind Maps (Android 4.4 or newer)
Android 3.0 and higher - some features only available in Android 4.0 or newer.
Optimized for both phones and tablets.
• Copy/Paste Link to Topic allows linking to a specific topic in any mind map.
• Hide/Show Branch support
• Screen rotation support in mind map editor
• Thumbnails in Dropbox and External Directory Explorers
• Search in Dropbox and External Directory Explorers
• Customizable mind map background color
• Export to Cloud and Sync with Cloud in Editor menu.
• Search includes floating texts
• Crosslinking allowed in Search Mode
• Editor Icon opens Explorer, Mind Map Info moved to menu
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
Brilliant little app, but desperately needs a button in the editing bar to expand/collapse sub branch levels for all main branches at the same time. Perhaps only in presentation mode. Shouldn't be too difficult, then we're talking about 5
really enjoy using it, the only request I have so is that it be possible to send it to Chromecast in presentation mode
It is a great App that works well on an Android tablet. I use it to take notes and put my thoughts in order for presentations and proposals. One request to developers: A fantastic feature that I miss is the ability to export maps into a Word or PowerPoint type document. That is a very useful feature when you need to share a document with other people, especially to write proposals. Is it possible
Absolutely irreplaceable for a student! Tried other apps as well but this has been most comfortable to use
Great app, allows for flow of thought to be delivered into the diagram easily.
Great ap but confusing addition and use of cloud storage. Otherwise 5 star.
I use this on a 7" tablet to take notes as I read and think, and then to refer and reflect. I just wish there were a desktop version too, so I wouldn't have to convert in and out of freemind.