1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- 5GB free online storage
- Auto photo-sync
- Sync data from and to all your devices
- Friendly-user interface
- Music streaming
- Large-single-file uploading allowed
- Needs to improve notifications settings
- App2sd not allowed
SugarSync is a web storage service based on cloud computing which makes all your data from all your devices accessible wherever you are
SugarSync works similar to Dropbox, MobileMe or Carbonite but there's a difference: instead of just creating folders on the cloud, it allows you to integrate your PC an other devices into the app. Thus, you will have you Home PC, Laptop, Office PC... all of them integrated into the app to share your files between them and your Android by sync. As used to happen with the most of them, you have to create a SugarSync account first. You can do it from the website or from the app. You will get 5 GB of free online storage.
Let's zoom on its features. The user-friendly interface overcomes others apps of this style: there's a top bar with just 3 tabs: "files", where you have a main menu with quick access files, sugarsync folders and devices, and then, "photos", where the pictures you have taken will be uploaded, and "shared", with those folders shared with others users or devices.
Besides breaking down the physical walls to get access to all our data, it works as a perfect backup too, specially for our photos, that can be automatically upload to the cloud. An added value feature is the music streaming (you can play it online or local while you are using other apps). You can view all the folders offline and download them fast online. If you make any change in files and folders in your computer, Sugarsync will automatically sync it.
SugarSync has been developed by SugarSync Inc, the well-known web storage service based on cloud computing. They've done a great work of adapting their service to Android platform.
5GB free storage in the cloud, Auto photo-sync, sync from all your devices, music streaming and many other options are enough reasons to regard this app, one of the best cloud computing-based app. 100% recommendable.
SugarSync is the simplest yet most powerful way to sync, share, search and access all of your files – documents, photos, videos and music. SugarSync for Android puts all of your files from across all of your computers right at your fingertips, making you more productive when you’re on the go.
With SugarSync for Android, you can:
• Access, view, edit, share and manage files directly on your Android phone or tablet
• Sync files and folders from the cloud to your device for offline viewing. The app automatically detects any changes and syncs these to your computers.
• Automatically back up your device’s photos & videos directly to your computers
• Edit any file on your device with one of your favorite editing apps. Changes will automatically sync to all your computers
• Search for any file or folder across your computers – even those folders that other have privately shared with you.
• Share folders privately and securely with a few people. Collaborate with them or simply give them view-only access.
• Share both large files and folders using public links.
• Free 5 GB plan allows you try SugarSync for 90 days
Note: You may incur data charges by your mobile carrier when syncing over cellular data networks.
* Sync folders and files for offline access to your device's external SD Card
* Add a shortcut to any SugarSync folder to your Android home screen
* Export a file to other Android apps (e.g., GMail, Evernote)
* Receive and accept shared folder invites
* Rename files and folders
* Photos and videos are uploaded at full resolution
* Tablet UI optimization - sidebar width scales to optimal screen ratio
* Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I like this a lot better than Dropbox or Google Drive. Faster uploads & easier browsing.
Lack of encryption before uploading files to their servers. Tresorit encrypts where sugarsync doesn't. File synchronization is excellent. Very expensive - I upgraded :(
So useful! Everything at my Fingertips. Can't do without it.
All of a sudden my e-mail address is invalid!? LOST EVERYTHING NOW! I had previously told people about this app and the "5gb free" that's ADVERTISED... but I now will let them know to save their pics elsewhere ASAP and UNINSTALL so they won't lose their p
I am a kid why is this on my kid tab
If I mark not to bsckup my pictures, than I do not want that notification on how many pictures been found
You claim that the new version can sync to an external drive but it does not. I tried to send an error report but it was impossible to find a way to get help. I sent a mail but got an automated reply that this mail will not be answered. This is not accept