1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- 5GB free online storage
- Auto photo-sync
- Sync data from and to all your devices
- Friendly-user interface
- Music streaming
- Large-single-file uploading allowed
- Needs to improve notifications settings
- App2sd not allowed
SugarSync is a web storage service based on cloud computing which makes all your data from all your devices accessible wherever you are
SugarSync works similar to Dropbox, MobileMe or Carbonite but there's a difference: instead of just creating folders on the cloud, it allows you to integrate your PC an other devices into the app. Thus, you will have you Home PC, Laptop, Office PC... all of them integrated into the app to share your files between them and your Android by sync. As used to happen with the most of them, you have to create a SugarSync account first. You can do it from the website or from the app. You will get 5 GB of free online storage.
Let's zoom on its features. The user-friendly interface overcomes others apps of this style: there's a top bar with just 3 tabs: "files", where you have a main menu with quick access files, sugarsync folders and devices, and then, "photos", where the pictures you have taken will be uploaded, and "shared", with those folders shared with others users or devices.
Besides breaking down the physical walls to get access to all our data, it works as a perfect backup too, specially for our photos, that can be automatically upload to the cloud. An added value feature is the music streaming (you can play it online or local while you are using other apps). You can view all the folders offline and download them fast online. If you make any change in files and folders in your computer, Sugarsync will automatically sync it.
SugarSync has been developed by SugarSync Inc, the well-known web storage service based on cloud computing. They've done a great work of adapting their service to Android platform.
5GB free storage in the cloud, Auto photo-sync, sync from all your devices, music streaming and many other options are enough reasons to regard this app, one of the best cloud computing-based app. 100% recommendable.
SugarSync is the simplest yet most powerful way to sync, share, search and access all of your files – documents, photos, videos and music. SugarSync for Android puts all of your files from across all of your computers right at your fingertips, making you more productive when you’re on the go.
With SugarSync for Android, you can:
• Access, view, edit, share and manage files directly on your Android phone or tablet
• Sync files and folders from the cloud to your device for offline viewing. The app automatically detects any changes and syncs these to your computers.
• Automatically back up your device’s photos & videos directly to your computers
• Edit any file on your device with one of your favorite editing apps. Changes will automatically sync to all your computers
• Search for any file or folder across your computers – even those folders that other have privately shared with you.
• Share folders privately and securely with a few people. Collaborate with them or simply give them view-only access.
• Share both large files and folders using public links.
• Free 5 GB plan allows you try SugarSync for 90 days
Note: You may incur data charges by your mobile carrier when syncing over cellular data networks.
* Sync folders and files for offline access to your device's external SD Card
* Add a shortcut to any SugarSync folder to your Android home screen
* Export a file to other Android apps (e.g., GMail, Evernote)
* Receive and accept shared folder invites
* Rename files and folders
* Photos and videos are uploaded at full resolution
* Tablet UI optimization - sidebar width scales to optimal screen ratio
* Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I've tried almost every online sync program out there and SugarSync is definitely the best. When they ended the free accounts I didn't hesitate for one second to upgrade, great job SugarSync, keep it up. Don't listen to the whiners wanting everything fo
Please add option to not sync when battery low like Dropbox.
I used to be a happy user,until you discontinued free accounts. Why would you make such a disastrous business decision killing your own customer base. Goodbye
For deleting the free accounts you will never see a penny from me. A scam for drawing in free users, letting us get set up, then charging to keep it.
Bye and thanks for nothing
Great job screwing over most of your users.
All of your files are available from all of your devices on the go.