SwiftKey Keyboard Free
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Amount of languages supported
- Really good prediction system
- Multi-language supported (at the same time)
- Needs more customizing features
Swiftkey Keyboard is an Android keyboard focused on word-prediction
Global Mobile Awards Most Innovative App 2012.
This is the free version, a trial in which prediction expires after 31 days.
This is truly one of the best keyboards we've tried for Android. The default keyboards aren't too good regarding prediction. Swiftkey came to solve this problem. It will predict the text you're typing from a double source: first, from its huge internal dictionary, available in 15 languages so far. You will be able to update the dictionary whenever you want looking for new words.
What's more, it learns from you: it will include in the prediction those words that you have use at least once (name of places, people, slang words, and so on). Besides, that we've have discovered two great features: first, in the central prediction button it will appears greetings if you don't type anything. So you can ask something like: "Hi, how are you doing?" by tapping on the central prediction button. That's great. It makes you save a lot of time. The other feature is that it predicts in two languages without need to switch from one to the other.
Apart from the prediction text system, the interface is also different from the default Android and Gingerbread keyboards. Set in white-grey skin, it has bigger keys for a more accurate typing. It supports long-press to use the secondary keyboard with symbols and numbers. What's more, it supports multi-touch, only in those devices that supports it. It also supports speech-to-text.
You will be able to change the layout (QWERTY International, QWERTY English, AZERTY...) and a lot of inputs settings. It's good to see the "usage stats" included: you will know how many keystrokes you've saved thanks to Swiftkey and how much it has made you more efficient.
Swiftkey Keyboard has been developed by TouchType Ltd, an emerging developer who has just launched this keyboard on market, but with remarkably success, and the proof of this is lots of webs and blogs have praised Swiftkey Keyboard.
SWIFTKEY - THE MIND-READING KEYBOARD
No.1 best-selling app in 58 Google Play countries, over 300,000 ***** reviews
“Shockingly accurate, making for a creepy-fast typing experience.” - TIME Magazine
SWIFTKEY MAKES TOUCHSCREEN TYPING FASTER, EASIER AND MORE PERSONALIZED
- SwiftKey takes the hard work out of touchscreen typing, replacing your phone or tablet’s keyboard with one that understands you.
- It provides the world’s most accurate autocorrect and next-word prediction in 61 languages.
- It connects seamlessly across all of your devices, with SwiftKey Cloud.
SMART & LEARNING
- SwiftKey predicts your next word before you’ve even pressed a key.
- It intelligently learns as you type, adapting to you and your way of writing.
- SwiftKey doesn’t just learn your popular words, it learns how you use them together.
SWIFTKEY CLOUD: CONNECTED & SEAMLESS ACROSS DEVICES
- Backup and Sync keeps your personal language insights seamlessly up to date across all your devices.
- Teach SwiftKey your writing style based on your language use from your Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, Yahoo, SMS and Blog.
- Your language model can be enhanced each morning with Trending Phrases based on current news and what’s hot on Twitter.
- Enable up to three languages at once.
- Naturally combine languages without having to change a setting.
- SwiftKey supports contextual prediction in 60 languages and counting.
See http://www.swiftkey.net/en/#features for full list of supported languages.
TAP OR FLOW YOUR WORDS
- Switch seamlessly between tapping and gesture-typing with SwiftKey Flow.
- SwiftKey Flow combines the mind-reading capabilities of SwiftKey with the speed and ease of gliding your fingers across the screen, with real-time predictions.
- Type entire sentences without lifting your finger from the screen, simply by sliding to the space bar between words.
- Innovative keyboard layouts and modes for a better experience for all users across all screen sizes
- Full, Thumb and Compact layouts
- All three layouts can be resized and undocked to float
VIDEO TIPS & SUPPORT COMMUNITY
Visit our awesome website for tips, videos, support and much more: http://www.swiftkey.net/
We take your privacy very seriously. This keyboard never learns from password fields. SwiftKey Cloud is an opt-in, secure, encrypted service and gives you full control over your data. Internet connection permission is required to install this app, so that language module files and cloud personalization data can be downloaded.
- Google+ and Gmail authentication working now with accounts that are not registered on the phone
- Fixed some force closes with the expiry messages in the trial version and notifications in some languages
- Improved Left-Right cursor behavior in Dolphin browser input fields (however, there is still a known issue regarding Up-Down movement)
Works well, but why is app so big and no option to move to SD card?
This app is the only keyboard I can tolerate. It's just so good at predictions. If only it had emojis. Then I'd give it five stars. I just really like emojis.
Just let its rating be five stars much better than apple I'd would never go back to old tech again
Not much options for setting behaviour and layout. No ÅÄÖ keys for Swedish (and similar languages) making it very unintuitive (on qwerty A is far left and ÅÄ are all the way to the right). No Chinese, the most used language in the world. Can't configure smileys in smiley menu. Can't turn off auto-space after period or key pop-ups. Can't type é.
It's a Beautiful Keyboard on all times.
I love almost everything about this keyboard, but there are 2 things that really bother me about it that I am not sure I can get past and continue to use. First, the number/symbol keyboard is completely FUBAR. The nontraditional layout is completely counterintuitive. I should not have to pause and study the screen every time I want a certain symbol. My other issue I get why it does it and some may