500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- 4 different text input system
- Touchscreen responsiveness
- Accurate prediction engine
- Learning curve
+ By Nuance Communications, Inc
An innovative keyboard with a disrupting text input system
Swype was probably the first keyboard replacement that challenged the traditional typing (tapping) text input system on mobile devices. Afterwards, some copied that new system based on drawing path from one letter to the next.
You can now enjoy at a cost this excellent keyboard that enables users to choose among 4 different text input systems: Swype, speak, write and tap. Of course, swiping is the basis. Use your fingertips to draw a path from letter to letter until you've formed the word. This system is, obviously, backed by a powerful and accurate prediction engine that helps the user get the right word faster (it even learns from your swiping style). It requires some time to get used to it, however, once the user advances through the learning curve, it becomes one of the fastest text input systems
Besides swiping, users can also input text with their voice thanks to its accurate speech-to-text technology. Write is another input system that Swype keyboards come with: use your finger to draw letters and words (gestures) and Swype will turn them into text. Finally, like other keyboard replacements (and the built-in Android keyboard), you can text by tapping letters, the classic way but, making the most of Swype's prediction engine.
“[Swype’s] years of experience still make for the most accurate gesture keyboard available.” – TIME, 50 Best Android Apps for 2013
“Revolutionary and quickly makes thumb-typing feel antiquated.” - PC Magazine, Android App of the Year 2013
•250+ Million Users and Growing
•Guinness World Record – Fastest Time to Type a Text Message
•Own the Original Swype Keyboard that Started it All – Accept No Imitations
SWYPE – YOUR KEYBOARD FOR LIFE:
Swype is all about YOU. Whether you’re a fast tapper, exact typer or a Swype Ninja, get ready for a better, faster keyboard experience that gets smarter the more you use it. Swype pays attention to the way you input text and creates a personal language model that follows you from device to device. Swype – the world’s most powerful keyboard.
SWYPE KEYBOARD FEATURES:
NEW: MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER KEYBOARD THEMES - Hold down the Swype key and select "Themes" to get yours! Buy one at the promotional price of $1.99 today and get $10 of credit at soccer.com. Details at: http://bit.ly/swype-mls-themes
BILINGUAL SUPPORT – Swype now lets you enter words from two languages at once! Words suggested by Swype will automatically adjust to your bilingual language preferences.
MORE CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS – Swype lets you customize your keyboard including long-press delay, vibration duration, keyboard height and mini left/right keyboards in landscape mode.
ACCESSIBILITY SUPPORT – Swype supports Android’s “Talkback” and “Explore by Touch” accessibility features. When accessibility features are enabled the user’s entered text will be spoken back.
PERSONAL DICTIONARY BACKUP & SYNC – Swype enables you to backup your personal dictionary to the cloud and synchronize it with any Android device with Swype on it – never lose the words that you add to your personal dictionary again! (Opt-in feature)
SWYPE LIVING LANGUAGE & HOTWORDS keeps you always up to date with a real-time, crowd-sourced and news derived language model that gives you immediate access to our continuously updated language dictionary. Imagine having instant access to the hottest words and phrases that people are using at that moment.(Opt-in feature)
NEXT WORD PREDICTION – So intelligent, it's like Swype can read your mind! The most powerful language models on the market train your device to learn your unique vocabulary and predict your words based on previous usage, Swype can predict commonly used words and phrases.
LANGUAGE DOWNLOADS – Swype supports more than 71 downloadable languages and 20 dialects.
TABLET KEYBOARDS – Swype features three unique tablet keyboard designs: a full screen keyboard, a small and moveable keyboard, and a split screen keyboard.
DRAGON DICTATION – Swype comes with best-in-class voice recognition so you can go hands-free and dictate text quickly with a simple press of the voice key on the Swype keyboard.
KEYBOARD THEMES – With a wide variety of themes to choose from, you can personalize the look of your Swype keyboard to one that is all your own.
VOICE/TEXT DICTIONARY SYNC – When you add new words to your personal dictionary, they automatically sync to Dragon Dictation, meaning you can instantly dictate the new word.
SMART TOUCH – Swype learns your unique style of input and continuously adapts to your typing patterns for a truly personalized and accurate keyboard experience.
GESTURES – Use Swype gestures for quick everyday tasks such as:
• Select All (Swype key to ‘A’)
• Cut (Swype key to ‘X’)
• Copy (Swype key to ‘C’)
• Paste (Swype key to ‘V’)
• Search (Swype key to ‘S’)
Want to learn more?
New users: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pQmNfOoKU
Returning Swype'rs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h75VTpHQIUA
For support, please see our knowledge base or contact our technical support team: http://technicalsupport.nuance.com.
Swype Keyboard Videos
November 19, 2014 - v1.6.20
Tap performance improvements
New setting for keyboard font boldness
Fixed a bug that resulted in licensing errors
Minor UI improvements
New speech languages for Hindi and Indian English
Fixed crashes reported by users
Various bug fixes and optimizations
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
- - Know where you approximately are.
- - Know exactly where you are. It uses GPS.
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- - Use Bluetooth to connect to a paired device.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - android.permission.READ_CALL_LOG
- - Read your contact data.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Read phone state. Used to know whether you're in a call or not.
- - To read SMS.
- - android.permission.READ_USER_DICTIONARY
- - Record audio.
- - Use the vibrator.
- - Prevent your device from sleeping or screen from dimming (turn brightness down).
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - Sell digital goods through in-app purchase.
- - Query Android Market to obtain their licensing status. Used to avoid piracy.
- - com.htc.permission.APP_DEFAULT
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- UpdatedNew version 220.127.116.112010.32311 released on 12/15/14.
- UpdatedNew version 18.104.22.1681950.30546 released on 08/21/14.
- New pricePrice dropped from $3.99 to $0.99 on 08/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 22.214.171.124862 released on 05/14/14.
- UpdatedNew version 126.96.36.19969 released on 12/19/13.
- UpdatedNew version 188.8.131.5244 released on 11/13/13.
- UpdatedNew version 184.108.40.20628 released on 11/07/13.
- New pricePrice increased from $0.99 to $3.99 on 11/07/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 500000 downloads level reached on 10/14/13.
- UpdatedNew version 220.127.116.1177 released on 09/04/13.
- UpdatedNew version 18.104.22.16880 released on 08/17/13.
- UpdatedNew version 22.214.171.12492 released on 08/12/13.
- UpdatedNew version 126.96.36.19934 released on 06/08/13.
- UpdatedNew version 188.8.131.5242 released on 06/01/13.
- UpdatedNew version 184.108.40.20624 released on 05/10/13.
- ChangesName changed from Swype to Swype Keyboard on 05/10/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 100000 downloads level reached on 05/10/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000 downloads level reached on 04/25/13.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000 downloads level reached on 04/24/13.
- UpdatedNew version 220.127.116.1186 released on 04/24/13.
- NewFirst appearance on 04/24/13.
Displaying 4 of 21 - show all
I type bilingual, so I really like that in both English and Hungarian even the longer and infrequently used words come up flawlessly.
If you read the tutorials on how to use this keyboard, it'll save you so much time. While my friends are poking out a line I have a paragraph swiped out. The auto and manual capitalization shortcuts, quick copy/cut/paste and a myriad other shortcuts mashes this keyboard the best in my opinion. The only thing I would add is emoji support and being allowed to shorten long press sorted than 250ms.
I have used this app before as a trail and I just loved it so finally I decided to buy it. Compared to other keyboard apps out there with voice recognition installed on it. This one has exceeded all the other's I have used and have exceeded my expectations‚ therefore being worth my money :)
This was the standard keyboard I loved, so I bought it to show my appreciation. On my note 4, however, key stroke lines are slow and choppy, and it skips words completely some times. Word prediction or corrections is way worse than the factory installed Swype too. Uninstalled.
Chinese can not write with handwriting while using strokes, this is what I used to do with this keyboard. And maybe the developers can add emoji to the keyboard
I bought this app, but for some reason it is saying that it is not licensed??? Edit: I had to enter an activation code. After I entered the code, it worked flawlessly. Thanks guys. I thought I wasted money
Best word prediction of any keyboard I've tried(I've tried a lot). I don't use the Swype feature, just regular typing. Well worth the .99 cents.