1,000 - 5,000 downloads
Also in : DiabetesAdd this app to your lists
+ By Tool and Die Co
• Fast: large buttons, minimal keyboard use
• Organized: pre-categorized
• Consistent: log a broad range of data consistently
• Flexible: record quantities, ratings, text notes, gps locations
• Customizable: record exactly what you want
• Exportable: Export to well-formatted CSV, or e-mail the log
1. Decide what to log
Keep track of Weight, Exercise, Mood, Steps, Meals, Transportation, Baby Habits, or keep a simple diary or journal. Include quantities, ratings, or text notes. Create a button and start collecting information.
2. Tap buttons to create log entries
(see example screen-shots) Set buttons in advance, eliminate time wasted typing poorly formatted and categorized notes. Collect data in a consistent format. With home-screen widgets, Tap Log is probably the fastest way to log information on a handheld device.
3. Review the data.
Review log entries in a compact, well-formatted list, organized by category. Send the log as a simple e-mail message. Export CSV file to other apps (i.e. GDocs, DropBox) or to your computer to create reports, and make complex charts of your own. Tap Log has a selection Charts for users to explore their data: Histograms by time of day and day of week, Pie Charts by subcategory, and by the amount of time subcategories were the last category logged (a time-card pattern). Chart days, weeks, and months. Save favorite charts. Share charts via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
4. Fine-tune your data collection methods.
Use widgets to create log entries directly from the home screen. Easily edit buttons to make more categories (unlimited), create subcategories (limit 2), and add attributes you think would be helpful (i.e. rate each 'Restaurant' entry). Take advantage of your phone's features and log your GPS location with each entry.
5. Transfer Data to a new phone. (Instructions Below)
FEATURED USE CASES:
• Business travelers, log and organize trip expenses, send report to a coworker as a simple e-mail message.
• Categorize your professional activities, ditch the bulky log book and create a comprehensive log of your accomplished tasks, modifying as you go.
• Create a simple text note in one button press. Create multiple buttons to categorize your text notes into 'Creative Thoughts', 'To Do List', etc.
• More examples at http://loggerlife.blogspot.com/p/example.html
Transfer Database from OldPhone to NewPhone:
1. On NewPhone, open Tap Log and export the DB
2. Locate the NewPhone TapLog directory (either on phone memory or SD card)
3. On OldPhone, open Tap Log and export the DB
4. Locate the OldPhone TapLog directory and copy it
5. Paste the TapLog Directory from the OldPhone over the NewPhone TapLog directory
6. Open Tap Log on the NewPhone and import the DB
NOTE: There is a bug in Android that may prevent the exported file from being visible (https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=38282) There will be a workaround in the next version of Tap Log. If you experience this issue, reboot your phone after all exports, and the file will be visible.
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Help & Manual: http://loggerlife.blogspot.com/p/data-structure.html
• Twitter: @TapLogger
Tags: gps timestamp, tap log, log life, loglife, time stamp gps, loglife apk, taplog, meal logging datestamp, ndroid exercise log no gps, text log over 500.
1x1 Homescreen shortcuts
GPS location editing
GPS location name
Please update your ratings/reviews!