Tape-a-Talk Pro Voice Recorder
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Buttons should be larger
+ By Markus Drösser
We all already know that there's an in-built mic in your device, but there aren't many options about recording or storaging recorded files. Tape-a-Talk seems inspired by old hand tape recorders, but with some Android ideas behind.
For example, you can use your device volume keys as if they were rewind and fast forward buttons when you play a file, giving your device that aforementioned retro use; but also you can record something, rename it (because 11-09-08-10-56-10 can be useful, up to a point) and upload it to your Dropbox cloud. As recording a file is self explanatory, once you've ended try to long click a file to see all the available options.
Two more points to highlight: the sensible option of recording in background and having the screen on or off; and the possibility of setting a recording as a ringtone (not so sensible but fun instead, though). Beyond these, there are the expected options about sound quality and so on. Everything's saved on your SD card.
In conclusion, a well thought off app, useful and that invites you to use it. This PRO version adds some nice features such as widget, the lack of ads, the big button, etc.
ADDITIONAL features of this PRO version compared to the free version:
- Sort Recordings by Name (Ascending, Descending)
- Dark or Light Interface Theme
- Nicer interface and "big buttons"-mode
- Choose custom storage directory.
- Define custom dynamic filename scheme. Use predefined variables like day, month, hour, minute, seconds.
- Quick rename and send after recording: You can choose to enable the automatic appear of a fast rename&send window after record.
- Set custom default mail settings (subject, recipient and text). No need to enter mail adresses every time!
- Fast forward/Rewind during recordings. Your phone becomes a dictation machine!
- Cut recordings: Cut out what you don't like with a few clicks.
- Widget: Now you can start, pause and stop recording via the widget on your homescreen (see screenshot). To add the widget to your homescreen, simply Long-Click on your homescreen, choose "Widgets -> Tape-a-Talk Pro".
- Repair recordings (Note: this does not fix recordings with noise or other problems. It just fixes the header of the file to make it playable)
- Free of Ads
Before buying, try the ad supported version called "Tape-a-Talk Voice Recorder" (it has much less features but you can check whether recording works for your phone). You are responsible for checking whether the app will work on your phone or not (by testing the free version), otherwise you possibly spend your money and find out it does not work.
Other than the obvious ones, this app needs the permission to read the phone state for recognizing incoming calls and stopping the playback of files during an incoming call.
Recently changed in this version:
0.9.8.1.0: Added improved Repair function, added dark theme, added sort option for recordings.
0.9.8.1.1: Fixed corrupt wave header problem
Last activity on Tape-a-Talk Pro Voice Recorder
Lists with: Tape-a-Talk Pro Voice Recorder
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
Comments and ratings for Tape-a-Talk Pro Voice Recorder
I don't use it all the time, but when I need it, it's great. I wish it would save as MP3 instead of WAV, but that's not a killer for me.
This is a great app but my only complaint...the icon looks old and dated. Please design a new icon. If you need to record for school or work then this is a great app to have.
Ive been using this recording APP for a few months now without any problems. It never stop recording until I presses stop. Other APPs sometimes would stop for no reason, but not this one. It even continues to record if you get a phone call..tapes also t
fantastic app, thanks for creating
Good but not yet great. Suggest password protected audio playback and file deletion. Also, while listening to audio, if I get a call or text, it doesn't hold its place and resets to the beginning of the recording. Sound quality is good on Samsung Galaxy 3
It has yet to fully record a session, I start and then, sometime later without warning or indication this POS just stops and I end up with a partial (aka completely useless) recording- if it stops, there's no restarting, Once (or rather IF) you are able
I sit in the back of the room in a large college classroom. Recording a lecture comes out crystal clear! Highly recommend!