Tape-a-Talk Voice Recorder
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Buttons should be larger
+ By Markus Drösser
We all already know that there's an in-built mic in your device, but there aren't many options about recording or storaging recorded files. Tape-a-Talk seems inspired by old hand tape recorders, but with some Android ideas behind.
For example, you can use your device volume keys as if they were rewind and fast forward buttons when you play a file, giving your device that aforementioned retro use; but also you can record something, rename it (because 11-09-08-10-56-10 can be useful, up to a point) and upload it to your Dropbox cloud. As recording a file is self explanatory, once you've ended try to long click a file to see all the available options.
Two more points to highlight: the sensible option of recording in background and having the screen on or off; and the possibility of setting a recording as a ringtone (not so sensible but fun instead, though). Beyond these, there are the expected options about sound quality and so on. Everything's saved on your SD card.
In conclusion, a well thought off app, useful and that invites you to use it.
Functions (try long-click on a list item):
- recording in background (even when display is off)
- high and low quality recording*
- wave/pcm and 3gp encoding available
- pause function for recording/playback (only for .wav)
- seek via volume keys (like analog voice recorders)
- upload to several services: ftp (try AndFTP), Dropbox, etc. You must have additional 3rd party software installed.
- set recording as ringtone
- attach recordings to an existing wav-file
- send/rename/delete-one/delete-all recording(s) (long-click on a list item)
Settings you can configure include:
- sample rate (8-44 kHz) - usable features depend on your device
- sample format (8/16 bit)
- recording in high quality mode (wave/pcm) or low quality mode (3gp)
- keep screen on
Recordings are stored on the SD card (in folder "tapeatalk_records").
Upgrade to "Tape-a-Talk Pro Voice Recorder" now!
It has additional features:
- set custom file directory and filenames.
- quick send and rename after recording
- ff/rewind recordings (make your phone a dictation machine)
- cut recordings
- widget for recording
- repair recordings
- nicer interface and big button mode
- free of ads.
Please note: This app shows location based ads.
Permissions that this app needs are:
- internet access (only for displaying ads)
- location access (for displaying location based ads)
- write to external storage (to store recordings)
- record audio
- change settings (to set ringtone)
Feel free to send me comments, critics and and general feedback via email.
* features with a star (*) are device dependent.
Recently changed in this version:
corrupt wave header should be fixed with latest update.
Last activity on Tape-a-Talk Voice Recorder
- marianadbb Downloaded May 17, 2013
- kkosby Downloaded May 17, 2013
- josuespirit Downloaded May 13, 2013
- lelis enrique Downloaded May 9, 2013
- sergio_2004 Downloaded May 8, 2013
- nicodemo123 Downloaded May 1, 2013
- mcmigxe Downloaded Apr 30, 2013
- arvind22 Downloaded Apr 21, 2013
- vicdraco71 Downloaded Apr 20, 2013
Lists with: Tape-a-Talk Voice Recorder
Comments and ratings for Tape-a-Talk Voice Recorder
This app sucks. Bad. And I'm so serious. Its files aren't supported by Google Music Player or Sound Player, therefore they will not sound out nor be heard. Atleast not on my tablet. But good luck.
Suits my need but an annoyance is that recordings are ordered from oldest recording to newest. It should be newest recordings on top so access is quick. Subpar usability for that feature.
Works well, but you can't specify a storage folder.
Wish it could capture the actual screen recorder
I recorded an interview that clocked in at 43 minutes. I then go to retrieve the interview to transfer it on to my computer and it has been cut down to 5 minutes! Update: I tried recording another interview (65 minutes long) and this app cut out at five.
Nice but when i play video in files i cant see the screen when i record it :(((
Sudkkia is the why