@Voice Aloud Reader
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Hyperionics Technology LLC
IMPORTANT: You need Text-To-Speech engine and voices installed on your device to use this app. If you don't have one yet, pickup from Play Store - the good quality TTS engines there are Acapela, Ivona and SVOX. You may use more than one if you want.
* Click "Share", "Send by Email" button or menu item in any app to send text you read to @Voice Aloud Reader for aloud reading over speakers or headset.
* If "Share" is not available, copy text in other apps and paste it into @Voice for aloud reading.
* Open text or HTML files from Android file system for reading aloud.
* Save articles opened in @Voice to files for later listening. Construct listening lists of many articles for uninterrupted listening one after the other. Order the list as needed, e.g. more important articles first.
* Easily control speech generator volume, pitch and rate of speech.
* Pause/resume speech as needed with wired or Bluetooth headset buttons, plus click Next/Previous buttons to jump by sentence, long-click (press and hold for about 1 sec.) to switch to the next/previous article on a list.
* Can automatically recognize the language of an article and use appropriate TTS voice, if available, or set your preferred voices manually with "Select language" menu item.
* Options for additional pause between paragraph, start talking as soon as a new article is loaded or wait for a button press, start/stop talking when wired headset plug is inserted/removed.
* Optional sleep timer to stop speech after a given timeout.
Tags: voice aloud reader, voice aloud, voice aloud quality voice, text to speech reader, @voice aloud reader], review @voice aloud reader.
* v 1.5.1-fixed voice change for next article from list issue.
* Better contents extraction, loads the main article only from Web pages. Menu item loads full text if necessary.
* Additional "share" icon adds an article to list only - option under Settings.
* Move and delete selected files on reading list "add files" panel.
* Swipe left/right to load next/prev article from list.
* Billing permission added for future premium/no-ads edition.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements.