WinZip - Easily Open Zip Files
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Lots of formats supported
- Runs on Eclair 2.1 and later
- Attach zip to e-mail and other apps
- Only in English, so far
- There's a stock zip utility in Android
WinZip, the most-known zip utility becomes mobile
WinZip is one of those software celebrities that allows us to state that if you haven't ever used it is due to you haven't ever touched a computer. What is it such important? Because it's the most-known software to view, open and save zip files. Although there's already a stock zip utility, WinZip brings some extra features and formats that will leave incompatibility far away.
It allows to zip/unzip and view lots of files formats such: .jpg, .png, .gif, .rtf, .csv, .bat, .html, .asp, .apk, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf and many many more. Thus, you can even view this supported file formats directly within the WinZip apps (it integrates a built-in viewer). You'll be able to open encrypted zip files including AES128 and AES256. Likewise, it allows users to attach zip files into e-mails or using any other sharing resource installed in your device.
It's been set in a sober yet easy-to-use layout. UI has been optimized for mobile devices to perform any action in a few taps. Likewise, it can be run in devices with Eclair 2.1 and later, including tablet support and ICS. The only catch is that there's only an English version so far, although if you're used to WinZip jargon, you won't have any problem.
WinZip for Android Top Features
- Receive a zip file and view supported image, text and web files directly within the WinZip app. Easily open other popular file formats with 3rd party app integration.
- Open encrypted Zip files (including AES128 and AES256) to review sensitive material safely while on the go.
- Copy unzipped content to the clipboard to paste into an email or another application. Save the last extracted zip file to access at later time.
- Automatically unzip and install Android apps (.apk files) delivered as .zip files from Google Play or the Amazon Appstore.
File Support and 3rd Party Integration
WinZip for Android lets you view:
- Photos and images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif)
- Text files (.rtf, .csv, .txt, .ini, .inf, .bat, .js, .log, .xml,.css, .java, .cs, .h, .m,.cpp,.c,.sql,. properties)
- Web files (htm, .html,.jsp,.asp)
WinZip for Android lets you open other popular file types in 3rd party apps:
- Word documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
- PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
- PDF files (.pdf)
WinZip for Android builds on the success of WinZip for iOS, introduced earlier this year and already downloaded by more than a million people. WinZip tools are now available on all of the industry’s most popular platforms – Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
Compatible with Android operating systems 2.1 (Eclair), 2.2 (Froyo), 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.x (Honeycomb) and 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich), WinZip for Android is available now as a free English app.
What's new in version 1.3.2
1. Add purchase button to purchase WinZip and Remove Ads.
2. Bug fixes
What's new in version 1.3.1
1. Remove ads for paid user.
2. Bug fixes.
What's new in version 1.2.2:
1. Support browsing 7z and rar files content.
App is great, don't know why others are criticising!
It makes a copy of the entire zip file while "initialising" and then unpacks the entire zip file. And they call it WinZip! A zip file is designed not to need to do that and android with limited disk and CPU really needs WinZip to not do that. Be sure to
Does the simple, therefore more than gr8
Its not free
This thing DOES NOT & WILL NOT UNZIP ANYTHING AT ALL. The moment you specifically try to extract a file, you're prompted with some sort of in-app purchase (of what, exactly, I have no idea because I wasn't on Wi-Fi at the time so it failed anyway). Immedi
I recently downloaded this application and I must say how easy it has been to operate. It's allowed me to access files and data on my phone that I previously couldn't. Thanks. Great job!!!