WinZip – Zip UnZip Tool
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Lots of formats supported
- Runs on Eclair 2.1 and later
- Attach zip to e-mail and other apps
- Only in English, so far
- There's a stock zip utility in Android
+ By WinZip Computing
WinZip, the most-known zip utility becomes mobile
WinZip is one of those software celebrities that allows us to state that if you haven't ever used it is due to you haven't ever touched a computer. What is it such important? Because it's the most-known software to view, open and save zip files. Although there's already a stock zip utility, WinZip brings some extra features and formats that will leave incompatibility far away.
It allows to zip/unzip and view lots of files formats such: .jpg, .png, .gif, .rtf, .csv, .bat, .html, .asp, .apk, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf and many many more. Thus, you can even view this supported file formats directly within the WinZip apps (it integrates a built-in viewer). You'll be able to open encrypted zip files including AES128 and AES256. Likewise, it allows users to attach zip files into e-mails or using any other sharing resource installed in your device.
It's been set in a sober yet easy-to-use layout. UI has been optimized for mobile devices to perform any action in a few taps. Likewise, it can be run in devices with Eclair 2.1 and later, including tablet support and ICS. The only catch is that there's only an English version so far, although if you're used to WinZip jargon, you won't have any problem.
WinZip for Android Top Features:
- Create Zip and Zipx files
- Easily send archive files to contacts via email
- Receive a zip file and view supported image, text and web files directly within the WinZip app. Open other popular file formats with 3rd party app integration
- Open encrypted Zip files (including AES 128- and 256-bit) to review sensitive material safely while on the go
- Easily navigate and manage your files in phone memory and external SD card.
- Automatically unzip and install Android apps (.apk files) delivered as .zip files from Google Play or the Amazon Appstore
Purchase the full package and gain access to even more powerful features:
- Create and protect Zip and Zipx files with 128- and 256-bit AES encryption
- Unzip RAR files, 7Z and Zipx files
- Unzip encrypted 7Z and Zipx files
- View contents of Zipx, 7Z and RAR files
- Immediate access to ‘Zip & email’ feature
File Support and 3rd Party Integration
WinZip for Android lets you view:
- Photos and images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif)
- Text files (.rtf, .csv, .txt, .ini, .inf, .bat, .js, .log, .xml,.css, .java, .cs, .h, .m,.cpp,.c,.sql,. properties)
- Web files (htm, .html,.jsp,.asp)
- Apk files (.apk)
WinZip for Android lets you open other popular file types in 3rd party apps:
- Word documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
- PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
- PDF files (.pdf)
The world’s most popular Zip utility, WinZip offers apps for all of the industry’s most popular platforms including Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
Compatible with Android operating systems 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.x (Honeycomb), 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), 4.1-4.3(Jelly Bean) and 4.4 (KitKat), WinZip for Android is available now as a free English app.
What's new in version 2.1.0
1. Better experience on zipping and unzipping files.
2. Photo albums and Music singer classification
Better to be along than in bad company
Thanks good work
Love this app
Thus app worked perfectly for what I wanted. I was able to download complete files off of my drive via the desktop site rather than the app itself and was able to unzip the file I downloaded and move it into my music folder where it can be accessed through okay music. A lot easier than downloading songs one by one