WinZip – Zip UnZip Tool
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Lots of formats supported
- Dropbox support
- Preview files
- Encryption features
- File explorer
- Only in English, so far
- Fall shorter than others regarding file exploring functionality
- Needs support for more cloud storage services
+ By WinZip Computing
Winzip, the leading software for compressing/decompressing files
WinZip is one of those software celebrities that anyone who has touched a computer in the last 20 years know about. Yes, WinZip is the most-known software to view, open, compress and decompress zip files. Although Android comes with a built-in zip utility, WinZip brings some extra features and formats to avoid any incompatibility.
With Winzip you'll be able to zip/unzip lots of files formats such as: .jpg, .png, .gif, .rtf, .csv, .bat, .html, .asp, .apk, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf and many many more. You can preview files in the app, no need to decompress them first. Of course, you can decompress files and folder separately. The iOS version of WinZip adds local and cloud file exploring functions, which goes beyond the classic features of the desktop app.
Thus, you can easily share files and links with your contacts right from the app using Dropbox (that's the only cloud storage service supported so far). The full version unlocks file encryption options (Zip 2.0, AES 128 and AES 256).
WinZip for Android is set in a neat, user-friendly interface that makes it a snap navigating through folders and files. It falls shorter than other similar apps as file explorer but it has all you need to manage your files and keep them safe.
Choose the full version of WinZip with Dropbox support to turn on powerful features that let you combine banking-level security with the convenience of cloud storage. Protect your photos, videos and files in Dropbox like never before with instant file compression and encryption. And because WinZip is available on all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Blackberry, it’s easy to recover your files any time, from any device. Maximize your free Dropbox storage space by compressing files and folders. Connect directly to Dropbox to zip, unzip, organize and manage your files.
WinZip for Android Top Features:
- Create Zip and Zipx files
- Easily send archive files to contacts via email
- Receive a zip file and view supported image, text and web files directly within the WinZip app. Open other popular file formats with 3rd party app integration
- Open encrypted Zip files (including AES 128- and 256-bit) to review sensitive material safely while on the go
- Easily navigate and manage your files in phone memory and external SD card.
- Automatically unzip and install Android apps (.apk files) delivered as .zip files from Google Play, the Amazon Appstore and Samsung Appstore
Purchase the full package and gain access to even more powerful features:
- Create and protect Zip and Zipx files with 128- and 256-bit AES encryption
- Unzip RAR files, 7Z and Zipx files
- Unzip encrypted 7Z and Zipx files
- View contents of Zipx, 7Z and RAR files
- Immediate access to ‘Zip & email’ feature
- New feature: direct integration with Dropbox cloud storage
File Support and 3rd Party Integration
WinZip for Android lets you view:
- Photos and images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif)
- Text files (.rtf, .csv, .txt, .ini, .inf, .bat, .js, .log, .xml,.css, .java, .cs, .h, .m,.cpp,.c,.sql,. properties)
- Web files (htm, .html,.jsp,.asp)
- Apk files (.apk)
WinZip for Android lets you open other popular file types in 3rd party apps:
- Word documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
- PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
- PDF files (.pdf)
The world’s most popular Zip utility, WinZip offers apps for all of the industry’s most popular platforms including Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
Compatible with Android operating systems 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.x (Honeycomb), 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), 4.1-4.3(Jelly Bean), 4.4 (KitKat) and 5.0 (Lollipop), WinZip for Android is available now as a free English app.
What's new in version 3.2
1. Compatible with Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Win ur ziip
The description says it's free...wen u go to open any audio files..it asks u to purchase it
Doesn't work waste of time
App is asking to purchase it....
I tried 7zipper and unrar to help me unzip files and they both didnt work! This however work perfectly and only had to press it and bam its done!
Doesn't work keeps asking for a password???