The best American English learner's dictionary is better than ever, with new words, audio pronunciations and new features.
Based on the world's largest corpus of American English, the Cambridge Dictionary of American English provides up-to-date vocabulary, easy-to-understand definitions, helpful usage notes, and examples that show how English is really used. The second edition offers advanced search features and a thesaurus. The audio version features spoken pronunciations for every word.
***This is a fully functional trial!***
• The most up-to-date dictionary of American English available.
• Over 60,000 meanings and examples are included.
• Organized by meaning, so there's no guesswork needed to find the exact meaning a student is looking for.
• Full-sentence, corpus-based examples show how English is really used.
• Up-to-date vocabulary ("DSL," "Jihad," "morph," "PDA," "retro," "Wiki") defines the language of today.
• More then 200 usage panels help you avoid errors commonly made in English.
• Usage notes help learners to avoid common mistakes.
• Frequency information helps learners identify the words they need to know.
• Clear definitions make meanings easy-to-understand.
• Guidewords help learners find the meaning they want—fast!
• Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
Tags: the audio dictionary , amrican tr , cambridge american english , audio cambridge american , embed audio dictionary , american tr , audio cambridge american andorid , audio learner , imercan tr