CN Pleco Chinese Dictionary
50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Pleco Software
LIMITED-TIME PROMO: Get a free copy of our Chinese handwriting recognizer add-on if you download now.
Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with over a decade of experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin, and 11 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. (another batch of dictionaries are due out this spring)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. (paid add-on)
• Handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with a recognition engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (paid add-on, free for a limited time)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced memorization techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured a paid add-on)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi a paid add-on)
• Voice Recognition: not too exciting since it's built into Android, but we support it and it works well. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. (paid add-on)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and translate unknown words simply by tapping on them. You can also look up characters on web pages and in Word / RTF documents via the pasteboard. (paid add-on)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order diagrams, searches, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display. Experimental Cantonese support too.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
Though we're new to Android, we've been selling mobile Chinese dictionary apps since 2001, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 11 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us in 2001 can still use that purchase on their brand new Android phone in 2013 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident that we'll still be fixing bugs and adding new features for many years to come.
Customers who already own our software on another platform should check out our website at pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
Tags: pleco ocr crack, pleco cracked, pleco, mandarin script document, chinese dictionary widget, pleco to learn chinese, pleco chinese dictionary crack, pleco 2.4.9 crack, pleco chinese dictionary 2.3.1 apk, pleco flashcards.
2.4.16/17/18: Fixes for a couple of (mostly OCR-related) crashing bugs + unreliable breakdowns of some long searches; see the version history section of the instruction manual (pleco.com/anmanual) for a full list.
Our big version 3.1 update is about to start beta testing, for updates see our discussion forums at plecoforums.com or our Facebook / Twitter accounts (both "plecosoft").