The Collins Essential Thesaurus is the ideal language tool with over 40,000 references arranged A-Z, so you can easily find the word you're looking for. With a comprehensive range of alternatives for each entry alongside a huge choice of opposites, the Thesaurus enables you to use words with precision and confidence.
The Foremost Authority on the Language of Today
• Over 40,000 references arranged A-Z, so you can easily find the word you're looking for
• Have confidence - comprehensive, with all the alternatives and opposites you need
• Get it right - practical usage notes help you do more with language
• Get there fast - clear layout
• Go further - internet links tell you where to look for more information
Words are tools for life. And a Collins Dictionary makes them work for you.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
Tags: signed collins english