Collins Russian Pocket
50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The Collins Russian Dictionaries are excellent choice for students, business people and the general user.
The Collins Russian Pocket Dictionary is designed for all those studying Russian, whether at school, for business, or as a hobby. It is the ideal text for learners of Russian, and comes with a useful guide to Russian grammar.
• Dictionary database contains over 24,000 keywords.
• Russian sound module contains over 10,000 entries by native speakers.
• English sound module contains over 10,000 entries by native speakers.
• Comprehensive coverage of today's Russian and English.
• Information on Russian life and culture.
• Practical grammar guide.
What’s New: Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to dictionary. Translate all clipboard contents – whether one word or several words at a time!
Search and translate Features
• NEW! Three new integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher for Russian), take a picture of the text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Look up unfamiliar words in dictionary directly from the home screen! The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.
• English and Russian Morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• List of similar words is displayed in case of misspelling.
• Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search.
• English and Russian audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Integrate dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
• Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily (Menu->Settings->Install widget)
• NEW! Manage Word of the day widget settings: select dictionary direction, font size and update period (manual or automatic).
• NEW! Enhanced customization options allow you to choose background color. Black, white and sepia themes are available (Menu -> Settings)
• NEW! Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort (Menu -> Settings).
• NEW! Report bugs, request features and send feedback to Google Play or the Paragon development team quickly and conveniently with the new integrated support feature (Menu -> Information).
• Automatically switching translation directions using the language of the word entered.
• No Internet connection required.
About © HarperCollins Publishers
Collins has been at the forefront of dictionary publishing for over 175 years and is one of the world’s most respected and market leading dictionary and language learning publishers. With all its heritage and expertise Collins prides itself on delivering up-to-date, accessible and innovative language products to meet the needs of all users from students to professionals in print, online or via mobile; it is for these reasons Collins dictionary products remain a top choice for generations of users.
tags: collins, russian, english, vocabulary,translation, dictionaries, translate, software, USA, UK, England
Recently changed in this version:
NEW! Easy copy-and-paste functions: translate all clipboard contents – whether one word or several words at a time!
NEW! Three integrated input methods!
NEW! Support feature: report bugs, request features and send feedback to Google Play or the Paragon development team!