The Compact English-Catalan and Catalan-English Dictionary from Enciclopèdia Catalana contains all words and expressions most frequently used both on the street and in the media and in the sphere of education, presented in a practical way.
Dictionary database is powered by Enciclopèdia Catalana, SAU.
• 38,000 entries
• 52,000 senses
• British and American English
• Phonetic transcription of English and Catalan
• Table of English irregular verbs
What’s New: Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard for translation. With the launched dictionary you can copy an unknown word from an application you are using at the moment (e.g. web browser), then switch back to the dictionary and automatically get the translation of the copied word or phrase if it is available in the application base.
Search and translate Features
• NEW! Three new integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher), take a picture of the text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software (available for English language).
• Look up unfamiliar words in dictionary directly from the home screen! The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.
• NEW! Search by voice. Speak your queries instead of typing words in a dictionary. (Use Google voice recognition service. Available for OS 2.2 and higher.)
• English morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• List of similar words is displayed in case of misspelling
• Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters).
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Integrate dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
• Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily (Menu->Settings->Install widget)**
• NEW! Manage Word of the day widget settings: select dictionary direction, font size and update period (manual or automatic).
• NEW! Dictionary installation on SD card to save space of your device (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• NEW! Enhanced customization options allow you to choose background color. Black, white and sepia themes are available (Menu -> Settings)
• NEW! Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort (Menu -> Settings).
• NEW! Report bugs, request features and send feedback to Google Play or the Paragon development team quickly and conveniently with the new integrated support feature (Menu -> Information).
• Automatically switching translation directions using the language of the word entered.
• No Internet connection required.
• Multilingual interface available in English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish languages.
About Enciclopèdia Catalana
Enciclopèdia Catalana is since 1979 a key point of reference for the Catalan language and dictionary edition, for its diversity, uniqueness and quality. It has a catalog of nearly 100 titles, including monolingual dictionaries of Catalan and the main collection of bilingual dictionaries between Catalan and other languages (Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Latin, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Swedish, Hungarian, Danish, Finnish, Sanskrit, Arabic ...), as well as thematic, encyclopaedic and complementary Catalan dictionaries.
Tags: verbs irregulars en anglès/ transcripció fonètica , transcripció fonètica ingles , catalan dict