Dictionary - Merriam-Webster
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- Pronunciation, synonims...
- Nothing special
Look up the words and get lots of information
This complete dictionary from Merriam-Webster includes word definitions (by typing or voice search), synonyms, antonyms, example sentences, Word of the Day, audio pronunciations etc.
You just need to write your word (or say it out loud) and the app will give you the complete definition, audio pronunciation, the example sentences and even the date when it was firstly used. Then, you can keep looking up words, viewing your recent history and of course, consulting the daily word selection.
Merriam-Webster Inc. is the developer of this useful and easy to use application, perfect for doing homework, writing assignments and even in your daily life. Really complete and helpful, be sure to check it out and start looking up words.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* For Phones: Reader View - lets you hide navigation buttons to see text in full screen
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
* Over 800 new and enhanced entries, including definitions for recent terms like "bucket list," "gastropub," and "cloud computing"
* Optimized for tablets, with Scrolling Index for browsing the dictionary
* Fixed content, display, and audio playback errors
* 2.1: Resolved update and permissions issues
I love this dictionary
a very powerful free software
Really a extraordinary app.
This is nice dictionary but a bit slow ...taking too much time in opening when compared with others
Very useful app. We could learn the pronunciation at jet speed.