10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Hot word and question of the day
- Nothing special
Search the meaning directly from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com
This free Dictionary.com app helps you look up words directly from your smartphone. You just need to type the word in question and you'll have the complete meaning and the possibility to listen to the correct pronunciation. Dictionary.com allows searches by voice and a list with your favorite words can be created.
The best of this app are the Word of the day, Spanish word of the day, Question of the day and Hot Word screens. Just for them it's a worthwhile download.
Ken Fehling created Dictionary.com and has a few other apps in the market if you want to take a look at them.
If you want an easy and simple dictionary in your smartphone, be sure to download this helpful app.
★ Time Magazine ‘Top 10 Back-To-School App ★ Winner: CNET Top 100 Mobile App Award ★
★ Winner: Best App Ever for Books & Reference
* English Dictionary and Thesaurus—over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
* Daily content including Word of the Day, blog & slideshows
* Audio pronunciations
* Idioms & phrases
* Word origin & history
* Voice search
* Favorite words
* Search history
* Spelling suggestions
* IPA and phonetic pronunciations
* Commonly looked-up words mapped to specific locations
* Medical, legal & financial content
* Abbreviations, acronyms & slang content
* Word of the Day home screen widget
* Compatible with tablet devices like the Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy Tab
Get the Premium Dictionary.com app to enjoy an ad-free experience with example sentences and more.
★ Highlighted Reviews in Google Play ★
“This is, by far, one of the most useful apps I've installed. The free dictionary and thesaurus is fast and always thorough. The achievements make it even more fun to use! I use this DAILY. Thanks!!” – Brandon M.
“Recommended! Great English dictionary app. No ridiculous advertising, minimal CPU usage. Runs perfect on evo's, one x and plus, Samsung Note, brand Tables, and I'm sure more. Long time user.” – A Google User
“Such a great app! Way easier than opening your browser every time you need to look up a word, quick thesaurus toggle, and interesting "Word of the Day", "Trending Searches", and even more!” – Michelle M.
“I find this app very useful and a great resource. Having the thesaurus feature is an added bonus as I write a lot of papers. The synonym feature is great way to expand your vocabulary. The whole family enjoys it!” – Jacquita E .
“Great for looking up words in both the dictionary and thesaurus, but also has fun features like Word of the Day or interesting content like the Hot Word. Earning Mpoints makes it that much more rewarding.” – Louisa N.
“This app has made life in my law class so much easier. I'm able to understand the legal definitions provided. Much needed.”- Stanley O.
“I really enjoy this free app! I use it frequently to learn new words and to check for the correct spelling of words. I especially like to hear the pronunciation of words. This easy to use application provides concise definitions.” – A Google User
“I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the app was to use & how thorough the meanings are. I use to carry a small dictionary with me...but now I have my handy dandy phone app. Very convenient...excellent app!” – Michelle C.
“It's an amazing free dictionary app. Allows you not only to know the definition, but also allows you a thesaurus to allow a better sense of understanding. 5 stars.” – A Google User
English Dictionary, Pronunciation, Synonyms, Free, Examples, Translate, Offline
Fixed an issue relating to the offline database download process that was experienced by some users.
Grammar & tips content now included for free.
• Now works OFFLINE!
• Translator with over 30 languages, perfect for ESL and reliable translations into English
• New Rhyming Dictionary (available as a Premium Upgrade)
• Slang Dictionary and Idioms & Phrases (available as a Premium Upgrade)
• 850,000 Example Sentences (available as a Premium Upgrade)
- Yassin S. Downloaded 1d ago
- Mahathir B. Downloaded 2d ago
- Russell E. Downloaded 4d ago
- Abdelhafid C. Downloaded Nov 28, 2013
- Petikola Q. Downloaded Nov 28, 2013
- Robin Kumar M. Downloaded Nov 27, 2013
- Patricia S. Downloaded Nov 21, 2013
- Fabricio C. Downloaded Nov 16, 2013
- КУАК НГУЕН Downloaded Nov 15, 2013
Works good offline too
Great app, but the widget started showing 'currently unavailable' for word of the day and did so for a while now. - Fixed! 5 star!
It fails to search any word offline. Either Wifi or Packdata is a must. Fix it if you claim its offline dictionary too.
Me&My kids love it!
Why download offline dictionary to the main memory while you could put on SD to save space
Could you please add sync of favorite words. I hate losing all of my favorites each time I get a new phone or reset my phone.