Van Dale English Pocket Dictionary is an easy-to-use and effective app with to-the-point translations and practical examples of usage.
• Find words by typing, by speech (from Android 2.2) or by writing
• Make use of easy copy-paste functions: switch between an active app and the dictionary to search for one or more words (and even phrases) at the same time
• Listen to the right pronunciation – recorded by native speakers
• Switch translation language easily or tap on a word to translate it
• Your search history is saved
• Get a list of suggestions if you type in the wrong spelling
• Use wildcards to make your searches more effective: simply replace one or more characters with '?' or '*'
• Search through the entire text of the dictionary
• Search for anagrams
• Learn a new word each day with the customisable Word of the Day widget on your home screen
• Additional features: add favourites and customise the interface (e.g. colour and font size)
• This dictionary is installed on your memory card and requires no Internet connection, so no hidden costs
• Can be used in a Dutch or an English interface
NB: This concise dictionary contains 44,297 entries, specially selected according to user frequency. It is intended for Dutch users. The app content is comparable to the combined content of Van Dale’s printed Dutch-English and English-Dutch Pocket Dictionaries.
Van Dale Uitgevers is the leading and most authoritative publisher of dictionaries in the Netherlands and Belgium. Van Dale produces a wide and varied offering of dozens of language–related titles for effective language user support. With precision and respect, Van Dale describes language as thoroughly as possible, and not only Dutch, but foreign languages too.
Tags: english dutch , van dale english<>dutch , van dale frenchdutch