5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Browser/downloader included
- Supports external dictionaries
- Configurable displaying
- epub, oeb, fb2 supported
- It doesn't support .pdf
- Needs to support more formats
FBReader is an e-book reader app
It supports epub, oeb and fb2(.zip) file formats. If that formats is what you read most, this is a good choice. Simple but sober interface, available in 11 languages. Open books from your sdcard or internal memory. It also includes a browser/downloader that is a book catalogs. Once you've downloaded them, you can sort and search them by autor, title, tag or recent. It's integrated with external dictionaries: supports ColorDict, Fora Dictionary and FreeDictionary.org.
There are also some settings to customize at you liking the way the text is displayed. It's a pity that it doesn't support more text formats, specially .pdf that's probably the most used. Anyway, the app that has developed Geometer plus, deserves to be taken in account if for the given formats. Recommendable app.
FBReader is fast, highly customizable. Can use external TrueType/OpenType fonts and custom backgrounds. Screen brightness can be changed during reading (slide finger up/down along the left screen edge). Supports different day/night color schemes.
Includes a browser/downloader for network e-book catalogs/stores. Several popular English, French, Russian, Chinese and Polish libraries are included. Custom OPDS catalogs are supported too.
Alternatively you can download books manually and put them into /sdcard/Books catalog on your device.
FBReader is integrated with external dictionaries. Supports ColorDict, all Slovoed dictionaries (by Paragon Software), Fora Dictionary, FreeDictionary.org, LEO dictionary.
Localized for 29 languages. Includes hyphenation patterns for 24 languages. Open-source (GPL).
Similar applications: Kindle, Google Books, Aldiko, Cool Reader, Moon+ Reader, Alreader
Keywords: ebook, e-book, e-reader, reader, ePub, fb2, OPDS
* Fullscreen mode on Android 4.4 devices
* Added Greek localization
* Updated Catalan & Chinese localisations
* Litres: fixed loading purchased books lists if you have 100+ books
* Mobi book format: added
* Fixed cancel menu “jump back” item behaviour
* Improved dictionaries support: SlovoEd, ColorDict 3, Lingvo
* More network catalogs, new network catalogs management
* List view (i.e. library, network library, etc.) scrolling speed-up
- Fabiano S. Downloaded Nov 25, 2013
- Diana G. Downloaded Nov 20, 2013
- Jarle L. Downloaded Nov 13, 2013
- Eleazar M. Downloaded Oct 29, 2013
- Daveschumacher Downloaded Oct 24, 2013
- Manfred P. Favorited Oct 15, 2013
- Doctor.fakhruddin Downloaded Sep 7, 2013
- MrBlutgot Downloaded Aug 16, 2013
- Thomas S. Downloaded Aug 15, 2013
Been using this app for 2 years now & I love it
Отличное приложение. Пользуюсь более двух лет. Ночной режим радует.
Lightweight and does exactly what I need. I use the same reader on my PC as well.
I have been using this for 2 years, very good app.
Could be even better if the TTS screen can be moved to bottom of the screen. Plz fix this & make it the best ever ebbok reader.