1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Six full translations of the Bible
- Many reference images in the index
- Search function
- A little difficult to learn to navigate
+ By Jehovah's Witnesses
Six bible translations, a glossary of biblical terms, and an index of reference images
If you're a devoted follower of the word of God, chances are you're interested in having a reference at hand of what exactly it is that He's said. The JW Library caters to that need for Jehovah's Witnesses; it's the official app released by the church.
The app includes no fewer than six distinct Bible translations, all indexed by book, chapter, and verse. If you know where to find the verse you seek, it's easy to navigate the index and then to see all six translations side-by-side. If you're not sure where to look, the integrated search feature is your best friend.
One of the ways this app differentiates itself from other Bible apps is the large index of reference images. Check out what Israel looked like during the time that Jesus existed, or compare the currency people of the time used to what we have today.
There's a bit of learning curve in terms of navigating between the different reference sections. I got lost deep with in the translations of different chapters, and then had to backtrack over many pages in order to find my way to the image section. Once you figure out how the different resources are grouped, it's fairly easy to skip from one to another, but it was definitely a stumbling block at the beginning.
The JW Library is a useful and comprehensive resource for anyone looking for Jehovah's Witness-related reference material.
• Choose from six Bible translations.
• Compare all available Bible versions by tapping a verse number.
• View the associated material by tapping a footnote marker or reference letter
• Swipe left or right to quickly navigate your current publication.
• Place bookmarks at any verse or chapter to quickly resume your reading.
• Use the history feature to quickly access recently read content.
• Find words or expressions in your current publication with the search feature.
• Highlight text and make notes as you study
© Copyright 2015 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
New in 1.4.3:
- Fixed a bug where the app would crash after deleting the English New World Translation.
New in 1.4.0:
- Support for additional languages.
- The ability to download additional publications for offline reading.
Very nice app
Thank you Jehovah God!
I'm so grateful for this wonderful provision. Words would fail me if I were to express how glad this app makes me feel. May Jehovah bless everyone behind the creation of this wonderful app... JW rocks!
Super helpful in ministry^_^ thank you po
This is an app produced with love. Useful in so many ways in the ministry as well as in personal lives. Great job!
this app is very helpful in studying and in the ministry. thanks to Jehovah God for always providing spiritualy. thanks also to the brothers and sister who labor on this.
Spiritual food. You received free, give free.