50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- Great app for Amazon customers and Kindle users
- Nothing special
Turn your smartphone into a Kindle Reader.
Amazon launched their e-reader Kindle on time. With this app, you can transform your smartphone into a Kindle and enjoy all the options that come with the real device.
The app allows you to read Kindle e-books on your smartphone, just as if it was a Kindle Reader. The interface is simple and intuitive, as it should be on an e-reader: tap the side of the screen to turn a page forward, pinch to zoom in and so on. You can change the font size and the background color, search for a topic or look up the meaning of a word in an online dictionary. You can also access the Kindle store and choose from the books and promotions, get sample extracts and so on.
Amazon Mobile belongs to Amazon.com. This is an official app.
Wanted a Kindle but couldn't afford it? Got a smartphone? Ok, so you won’t have the Kindle screensize, but you'll have a smartphone that acts just like the real thing.
• Read Free Books—Choose from thousands of free ebooks such as Pride & Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
• Shop for Books—Easily shop for ebooks, including new releases and New York Times Best Sellers.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia—The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your ebooks. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your eBooks—The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and automatically syncs where you left off so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 8, and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy—Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
• Customize Your Reading—Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) to read your books.
• Borrow eBooks from the Library—Check out ebooks from your local library and have them delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
• Read print replica textbooks on Android tablets. Print Replica Kindle books maintain the rich formatting and layout of their related print editions and provide features to help students study smarter including ability to highlight passages, add margin notes, and search for keywords. Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your devices.
* Selection for U.S. users only; selection and price of ebooks and e-periodicals vary by country.
• Bug fix: Duplicate or missing book covers in the library
• Bug fix: Error when attempting to download a magazine or textbook
• Bug fix: Crash on Android KitKat after cancelling a download
Love my kindle!
I love my kindle and i mostly love this app but it's infuriating to see that media bundled with some e books can be accessed on the kindle fire and all apple devices but not on android. Amazon need to check their attitude on this...
I love this app... But no text to speech??? My tablet and phone are far powerful enough to do it'. Please enable they feature
Amazing App. Easy to use. I love it. A+++++
App behaves very inconsistent and is otherwise unstable. Too frequent lock ups, inability to return to boomarks and not always able to recover books I progress. Could also use some fundamental enhancements to make a better user experience.
I have nearly 2000 books and there is no way to categorise and manage them, no folders, collections or tags. Great app just doesn't scale to even medium sized collections.
I thoroughly enjoy this app.