NOOK: Read eBooks & Magazines
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Some books are available for free
- You can save your favorite books
- UI and design are excellent
- You can't buy books through the app
- You need to sign in with a Barnes & Noble account
- You can access only from the United States
An app for reading your Barnes & Noble books
Nook is an app for reading the books you've bought at the Barnes & Noble site. It works perfectly and it's very easy to use. If you're used to buy eBooks from that site, it's perfect for you.
You can download some books for free. Also, you have the option of saving your favorite books and read them later.
The UI and the design are excellent. The reader is perfect, it's easy to use and you can change the font and highlight the passages you've liked.
There are only a few books available for free at the app, you'll have to buy or download the rest from the Barnes & Noble site, as there's no option of buying books through the app. Besides, you need to sign in with a Barnes & Noble account, but you can't create one through the app, so there's nothing you can really do with the app only, you'll always need to use the website.
This app is only accessible from the United States, so you won't be able to use if you're not in the States' Store.
“As an eReader App, NOOK really is one of the best.”- Android Authority
• New! Enjoy thousands of kids’ interactive picture books and use the Read and Record function so that story time always happens with you, even if you can’t be there.
• New! Customer-favorite features from NOOK® tablets and eReaders include adjustable font sizes and night mode. Easier navigation and NOOK Channels™.
• New! Create multiple profiles within the app for the whole family
• New! Organize favorite content by personal shelves to keep your library
• Synch your last page, bookmarks and notes.
• Search inside the book. Look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary
• Sample over 4 million eBooks & Magazines before you buy. Buy what you enjoy, most $9.99 or less
• Choose from over 1,000 magazines and newspapers—single issues or subscriptions. Enjoy ArticleView® and focus on an individual article.
• NOOK Comics® with Zoom View for a close up, panel-by-panel view of the story in a sequence as the author intended.
• Read NOOK Books® on NOOK tablets & eReaders, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and Windows 8-based devices
• Read in portrait or landscape mode
• Easily transfer EPUB and CBZ files
• Accessible to blind and low vision readers leveraging Android assistive technology, including screen magnification and TalkBack
• Shop for eBooks, magazines, newspapers and more by visiting the NOOK Store® either in the app on your Android device or at NOOK.com.
*Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish
BEST SELLING eBOOKS
•NY Times Bestsellers – American Sniper, Unbroken, All the Night We Cannot See, Gray Mountain, Yes, Please
•Romance – Fifty Shades of Grey, Captivated by You, The Immortal Who Loved Me, One Wish, Beautiful Redemption
•Fiction– The Girl on the Train, A Spool of Blue Thread, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Nightingale
•Mystery– Private Vegas, The Silkworm, Obsession in Death, Betrayed, Motive
•eBooks for Teens – Insurgent, The Maze Runner, I Was Here
•eBooks for Young Readers – American Girl, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Heroes of Olympus
•• Science-Fiction & Fantasy – The Hobbit, Ever After, A Game of Thrones, Chosen
BEST SELLING AUTHORS
BEST SELLING MAGAZINES
BEST SELLING NEWSPAPERS
•The Washington Post
•New York Daily News
•Los Angeles Times
•200+ college newspapers
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of e-books and e-periodicals may vary by country.
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
- Screen Rotation Lock within the App
- Single Column mode in Landscape
- Improved In-App Brightness Control
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Stay tuned for more features and enhancements.
Great android app!
You Can Downliad Android game apk to your computer from:
The store has been improved, with better and more focused suggestions. I would rate the app higher, but the margins are now way too wide, and the bookmarks still don't work reliably across devices, maybe one out of 5 times. Even then it gets it wrong half the time.
After receiving texts regarding data overage, thinking it was my direction app, I finally called my phone carrier. They discovered that the Nook app was syncing and I was up to 35g, for a bill of $390. I reinstalled the app and while at the airport, it started doing it again. Now I can't get my purchased books to open. I'm not a happy camper.
Really enjoy this app
Needs more free books
Great on the go app.
No file save option. A waste of time with these people. I'm in installing until they fix the battery hog issue and offer the option to save a book that I bought onto a computer that I bought so I dont see why you guys have problems with simple file savings. Some people just want to Read but there's strings attached to this and so if you want to read you have to literally get in bed with Barnes and