* Special offer - save up to 40% *
Practical English Usage is a world bestseller and a vital reference tool that helps teachers and higher-level learners with common language problems in English. It is now available as an app, making it quicker and easier to look up the 600+ entries. The app has been developed by Oxford University Press, the world’s most authoritative English-language reference publisher, working together with Paragon Software Group, a leading software developer for mobile devices.
Practical English Usage provides instant answers to questions about the English language which both native and non-native speakers of English find difficult to explain: When do we use a past tense with a future meaning? When and why do English speakers use 'the'? Do I say 'big', 'large', or 'great'? What exactly is the difference between 'close' and 'shut'? How do I read out an email address?
The Practical English Usage app:
• Deals with spoken and written grammar, vocabulary, spelling, pronunciation, and differences between formal and informal language.
• Contains over 600 indexed entries covering all the important problems for learners of English.
• Offers clear, simple explanations with corpus-based examples.
• Includes notes on background topics such as letters and emails, politeness, standardisation and dialect grammar, the meaning of 'correctness', differences between spoken and written English, and changes in English.
• Covers differences between British and American English.
• Access entries through the very complete Index, either by scrolling through the list or by keying in the language point you want to look up – e.g. future, conditionals, 'have'.
• Browse through the thematically-organised Contents Overview and the A-Z list of entries. Both of these can also be searched.
• Navigate immediately between related entries through the many cross-references.
• Create your own list of favourite entries.
• Go to ‘History’ to view your recent searches.
Tags: practical english usage, apk