DICTIONARY OF THE MONTH: New Reference Guide of Russian Spelling
Use free until November 1, 2015.
25 authoritative Russian dictionaries by DROFA Publishing House for English, German, French, Spanish Italian and Danish languages available for in-app purchase
Full wordlist and 50 sample entries of each dictionary to preview before buying
The app allows to easily and quickly navigate through and try out any of 23 dictionaries, as well as experience the most advanced search, learning and translation features.
Now you can make sure that a dictionary complies with your language level and contains all words you need before purchase. Full-fledged versions are available for buying with the in-app dictionary catalog.
In-App dictionary catalog contains dictionaries of general, modern and active lexis, as well as dictionary of idioms, spelling and school dictionaries by authoritative Russian authors:
- Modern English->Russian dictionary by V.K. Muller
- Russian->English Premium dictionary by prof. A. I. Smirnitsky and prof. O. S. Akhmanova
- German->Russian Premium dictionary by K.Lane
- Russian->German dictionary by M.J. Zwilling
- Spanish->Russian Dictionary of modern vocabulary by A.Sadikov, B.Narumov
- Russian->French Grand dictionary by L.V.Cherba
- New Italian->Russian Grand dictionary by G.F. Zorko
- English-Russian and Russian-English School Dictionary by I.M. Oshurkova
(see the list of all available dictionaries within the app)
Search and translate features:
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Similar words search in case of misspelling.
• Search for anagrams (bat-tab).
• Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries.
• Three input methods make dictionary word look-ups more convenient than ever. Search by voice with Google Voice recognition service, take a picture of text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word with your own handwriting using PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to dictionary.
• Translate unknown words or phrases from any application, including web browser or email, using the Share button. The feature allows you to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• Morphology modules help to translate words in any grammatical form (for English, Russian, French, German and Spanish languages).
• 100,000 audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers (for English, Russian, French, German, Italian and Spanish languages).
• Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making a dictionary a must-have for any language scholar (for English and German)!
• Built-in dictionary catalog for in-app purchases.
• A range of custom styles and operating options are available under user settings.
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• No Internet connection required.
About DROFA Publishing House
DROFA Publishing House is one of the biggest scientific and educational centers in Russia. It has been releasing high-quality competitive educational products for more than 20 years, pursuing, at the same time, the state-posed policy of intensive social development. Drofa products are officially approved by Russian Ministry of Education for use in state schools of secondary education.
from 66 reviews