The Sasol e.Birds of Southern Africa is an interactive version of the best-selling Sasol Birds of Southern Africa field guide. This application has specific features that will enhance your birding experience.
NB: Please note that an additional download of 185MB is required once this app has been installed. Please ensure you use a WiFi connection to prevent additional data costs.
"In southern Africa the Sasol eBirds would undoubtedly be my first choice. The text is detailed, the navigation system is user friendly and the opportunity to listen to recordings of calls and songs is a huge asset. Above all, the superb paintings by Norman Arlott and Peter Hayman have stood the test of time and are more detailed, more accurate and more life-like than anything on offer in other birding apps for the region." — Mark Cocker, author of Birds and People
- Images, distribution maps and text descriptions of over 950 bird species found in the Southern African region.
- Audible calls for over 630 bird species
- A "Smart Search" that allows you to easily identify a bird using beak shape, bird size, bird colour and habitat.
- You can select a region of Southern Africa, so that the lists of birds throughout the program display only the birds in your region. Includes GPS detection of your current location.
- "Bird Compare" to allow you to compare two birds on the same screen (including calls).
- A personal bird list that stores your bird sightings saved to the device* and can be exported to your storage card, email or to ebird.org extended record format.
- GPS location tagging of bird sightings.
- View the Bird Index by English or Afrikaans bird names.
* Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep a backup from the application (My List -> Export).
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com
Tags: sasol birds , sasol ebirds , sasol ebirds torrent , sasol , ebirds , sasol ebirds apk , sasol ebirds gps , sasol birds apk , sasol ebirds of africa