“You name it, it’s in here. Covers every boating situation. This book is both informative and entertaining.”--Latitudes & Attitudes
“John Vigor is the answer guy if you’re having onboard arguments about nautical terminology or the science of sailing in general, and his new book lives up to the promise in its title.”--Good Old Boat
Whether it’s boat maintenance, navigation, boat handling in all kinds of weather, or the physics of how boats function, every sailor and powerboater needs a comprehensive go-to source for specialized information. Now you have it with the Practical Encyclopedia of Boating:
• Addresses virtually every aspect of powerboating and sailing in 500 entries
• Covers seamanship and boat handling, navigation, routine boat maintenance, boat design and building, and nautical reference data
• Ranges from vital techniques--such as recovering overboard crew and measuring distances off--to essential concepts like reading the water and sky and evaluating a boat’s seaworthiness
• Includes numerous cross-references and an exhaustive index to direct you quickly to the right entry and to unify related topics
• Makes delightful browsing as well as a source of sound guidance for practically any boating situation
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
Tags: boat terminology , mcgrawhill boating encyclopedia yacht design , encyclopedia of boating key , sailing terminology , nautical apps , nautical name badges , the encyclopedia of boating tr key , encyclopedia app source code , for boaters