Vowel Stories: Short Sounds
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Quackenworth Inc.
- Watch – The app will read to the child while the animated story shows in the background
- Read – The child has the option of reading the story or tapping the screen to hear the sentence
- Vocabulary – Each story has a vocabulary section where the child can tap and hear the pronunciation of the words
- Words are highlighted as the app reads sentences loud
- High quality animated scenes and characters for more interactivity
- Sight words- Stories are professionally narrated
- Helps young readers identify short vowel sounds (CVC pattern)
- Phonemic awareness (phonics)
- Recognition of sight words
- Early literacy preparation
- Increase listening skills
- Boys and girls ages 3 to 6
- Beginning readers
- Struggling readers, up to age 8
- English-language learners
The Vowel Stories Series began as a book series that included books, workbooks, and various educational materials. It is based on the latest literacy research and has been used in English language arts programs in school systems in the United States and Singapore. Vowel Stories has been proven to help children increase literacy, reading readiness, and phonemic awareness.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT LEARNING TO READ IN ENGLISH
Current research states that beginning readers should always learn the short vowel sounds first. Once your child is comfortable with short vowel sounds you should transition to our other app, ‘Vowel Stories Long.’
Copyright 2013 Quackenworth Inc. All rights reserved.
Tags: montessori vowel stories, short vowel a stories, short vowel story, long and short vowels e list, short stories with vowels for kids, short story with rhyming words, what is a short vowel, short vowel sentences, long and short vowell apps, vowel i related to story.
- Added new user interface that is easier to navigate.
- Added new icon.
- Added the ability to resume from where they left off or restart the application when the user returns back to the application via an interruption (e.g. phone call, text message, menu button).