The Official VOX English-Spanish Dictionary • Contains over 372,000 headwords, expressions and translations • Perfect for intermediate to advanced learners of Spanish and English both in the classroom and workplace • No internet connection needed.
VOX dictionaries are published by the leading dictionary publishing house in Spain with a long history of dictionary making. This new, thoroughly revised and updated dictionary was compiled by an expert team of experienced lexicographers, translation and language teachers, who ensured that the most up-to-date words and usages of contemporary Spanish and English were included. Users can rest assured they have purchased the most authoritative Spanish-English dictionary published in Spain.
Dictionary features include:
• 71,000 entries and 240,000 translations.
• 41,700 examples of use and 19,500 idioms.
• up-to-date vocabulary ranging from literary language to slang, including large numbers of place names, abbreviations, technical terms and English phrasal verbs.
• rich grammatical information:
- part of speech of all headwords, e.g. noun, adjective, verb
- irregular Spanish noun plurals, e.g. lápiz --> lápices, maniquí --> maniquíes
- gender (masculine, feminine) of all Spanish nouns.
- feminine forms of Spanish adjectives, e.g. cuarto, -a
- which preposition goes with which noun, verb or adjective, e.g. cabalgar en/sobre
• information on word use, such as:
- geographic differences between American and British English.
- register information, i.e. if a word is slang, colloquial, formal or archaic.
- explanations of cultural items, e.g. arras - 13 coins given by bridegroom to bride...
- notes on difficult spellings
• all English headwords are annotated with their pronunciation in the IPA phonetic alphabet.
• no internet connection necessary to use dictionary.
• wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• browse through the dictionary alphabetically or flip from one entry to the next with a flick of a finger.
• links to Google so that you can search for more information on a particular word.
• history menu lists all your recent word searches.
• save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• mark words in your flashcard folder which you still need to memorize.
* Notice : copy&paste function is not available anymore because of the copyright issues.
* You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.
■ CS center : email@example.com
Our company name is now 'SELVAS AI' officially changed from DIOTEK.
The new name reflects our dedication to Artificial Intelligence technology, all of us at SELVAS AI strive to do our best for our customers.
Tags: traduccion expresiones ingles , diodict 3añadir diccionar , english spanish dictionary for $1.00 , codigos de diccionar vox , diodict spanish , dict , un diccionario busquedas comodines ingles , vox ingles español , technical english spanish vocabulary