500,000 - 1,000,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By MobiSystems
This is a fully functional trial!
WEBSTER'S NEW WORLD ®COLLEGE DICTIONARY
The 5th edition combines the most up-to-date information about our language and our world to present a completely revised, updated and expanded reference. Millions of users worldwide value this unique combination of features, found in no other dictionary:
• Clear, readable definitions that provide instant understanding
• More than 160,000 entries with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, and authoritative guidance on usage and style points
• Over 800 illustrations, biographical photographs and maps
• 12,000 specially identified Americanisms
• 4,700 terms from the areas of arts and sports, science and medicine, computers and the Internet, food, business, politics, and law
• Thousands of well-revised examples of current word usage
Webster's New World College ® Dictionary is the most useful and authoritative dictionary you can own. More than 4,700 entries and senses have been added, including terms from the areas of arts and sports, science and medicine, food, computers and the Internet, business, law and politics. Thousands of revisions have been made to existing senses to reflect current usage. About 12,000 Americanisms have been included to extensively cover the words, phrases, and senses first used in the United States.
This dictionary features advanced word definitions, complimented with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, drawings and authoritative guidance on usage and style points, all well-organized in a clear and accessible defining style.
Webster's New World College ® Dictionary, 5th edition is selected by leading newspapers as their official dictionary of choice. It is a favorite of newsrooms and copy editors nationwide and it is the official dictionary of The Associated Press Stylebook.
WEBSTER’S NEW WORLD ® ROGET’S THESAURUS
This reference opens up the world of words and leads you to more precise and effective communication. Thousands of synonym entries include the broadest and most useful word comparisons and the greatest number of examples of any thesaurus, with more grammatical and usage information and a greater variety of related terms. Entries are arranged in alphabetical order, so synonyms are easy to find
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
Tags: websters dictionary thesaurus blackmart|, websters new world dictionary and thesaurus free pdf, webster thesaurus dictionary, free the advance webster dictionary mobile, webster's new world college dictionary, free dictionary2013, websters dictionarythesaurus 4.1.036, webster s thesaurus, webster dictionary 2013 free mobile, free pdf on websters dictionary and thesaurus.
* Revised and expanded database, based on Webster’s New World 2014
Version 4.3.102 features: