Amazon by Amazon Mobile LLC
50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Runs smoothly
- Notifications settings should be enhanced
+ By Amazon Mobile LLC
Amazon is the official Android app of the giant Internet retailer
Amazon App provides a handy and accessible layout to all the products and features that can be found on its website. Thus, users can browse product using the search bar, shop by department (books, clothing, electronics...), find Today's deals and recommendations.
Of course, users can compare prices, read reviews and rating and share any products. Amazon account can be managed from the app too, upgrade to Prime, add/edit payment methods, 1-click settings, change country and adjust many other parameters.
That's not all. Users can carry out all the shopping process from the "Add to cart" to "Checkout" and then follow-up orders directly from the app. In fact, users can add products to the cart for a later checkout.
In a nutshell, Amazon is a must-have app.
Shop the millions of digital and physical products in Amazon’s catalog and manage your orders from anywhere. The Amazon App for Android phone combines the fast and easy mobile shopping experience customers have come to know and love with access to unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes from Prime Instant Video. After installing this version of the Amazon App for Android, customers wishing to stream Prime Instant Video movies and TV episodes can install the Prime Instant Video player, which is delivered exclusively via the Amazon Appstore. To start streaming movies and TV episodes, just search for your favorite video and tap play; the Amazon app will guide you through the setup process.
• US customers can now use a single app to discover and shop for hundreds of millions of physical and digital items.
• Prime members in the US can stream unlimited Prime Instant Video from inside the Amazon app using the Prime Instant Video player, including HBO shows The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under, and The Wire
• Customers can shop any of Amazon's sites around the world from a single app
• Quickly search, get product details, and read reviews on millions of products sold by Amazon and other merchants
• Take advantage of 1-Click ordering, order tracking, delivery information, customer support, Wish Lists, and Push Notifications
• Compare prices and check availability instantly by scanning a barcode, using Flow, or typing your search
• US Customers with Android Wear watches can now use their voice to search for products, buy with 1-Click, or add products to their Wish List.
• Buy with confidence, knowing that all transactions are securely processed
This app is designed for Android phones. For an experience optimized for tablets, please download Amazon for Tablets.
The Amazon app for Android Wear is installed as part of the app installation for Android phone. You can access it through the Start Menu on your Android Wear watch.
Important Note Regarding Permissions
Please note that the Amazon App requires access to the following services to operate properly:
* Camera: The camera is used to scan barcodes and for Flow, a new way to search for multiple items quickly.
* Location: Location permissions are required to support the convenience store delivery service offered by Amazon in France and Japan. Customers in those locations can request delivery to a convenience store near their current location. This service is not available in other countries supported by the Amazon app.
* Account: Account permissions are used for integration with Facebook and other social networks you have connected to your device to allow you to share products with friends and family.
* Phone calls: within the app you are able to place a call to Amazon Customer Service. Tap Menu > Help & About > Contact Us > Call Customer Service, and we will place the proper number in the phone app and dial it.
* Microphone access: search Amazon catalog of products using your voice (voice search is available only in the US).
* Phone status & local storage permissions are required to support notifications in China. Data on phone status and local storage is used only in China.
OS Requirements: requires Android OS 2.3 or higher and a rear-facing camera. Voice search requires Android OS 4.0 or higher.
The Amazon App for Tablets is available on Google Play. Search for "Amazon Tablet" to install the app and begin shopping.
* Includes the Amazon app for Android Wear. Customers with Android 4.3 and above in the US with an Android Wear watch can use their voice to search, buy and save shopping ideas to their Wish List. Just say “Start Amazon” from your Wear watch.
* Android Lollipop support.
* Bug fixes and improvements.
- - amazon.permission.COLLECT_METRICS
- - Know where you approximately are.
- - Know exactly where you are. It uses GPS.
- - Know what access (wifi, 3G…) you have at every moment.
- - Access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- - Act as an AccountAuthenticator.
- - Be able to access the camera device.
- - Turn on and off the flashlight.
- - Have access to the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - Send and receive internet info.
- - Manage the list of accounts linked to your device.
- - android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
- - Read phone state. Used to know whether you're in a call or not.
- - Record audio.
- - Request authentication tokens from accounts linked to your phone.
- - Use the vibrator.
- - Prevent your device from sleeping or screen from dimming (turn brightness down).
- - Write whatever to your SD card.
- - com.amazon.dcp.config.permission.DYN_CONFIG_VALUES_UPDATED
- - com.amazon.dcp.metrics.permission.METRICS_PERMISSION
- - com.amazon.dcp.settings.permission.READ_SETTINGS
- - com.amazon.dcp.sso.permission.account.changed
- - com.amazon.dcp.sso.permission.AmazonAccountPropertyService.property.changed
- - com.amazon.dcp.sso.permission.CUSTOMER_ATTRIBUTE_SERVICE
- - com.amazon.dcp.sso.permission.MANAGE_COR_PFM
- - com.amazon.dcp.sso.permission.USE_DEVICE_CREDENTIALS
- - com.amazon.device.iap.physical.Permission.NOTIFY
- - com.amazon.identity.auth.device.perm.AUTH_SDK
- - com.amazon.identity.permission.CAN_CALL_MAP_INFORMATION_PROVIDER
- - com.amazon.identity.permission.GENERIC_IPC
- - com.amazon.inapp.purchasing.Permission.NOTIFY
- - com.amazon.mas.client.authentication.permission.DEREGISTRATION_BROADCAST_PERMISSION-com.amazon.mShop.android
- - com.amazon.mas.client.CONTENT_PROVIDER_READ-com.amazon.mShop.android
- - com.amazon.mas.client.GLOBAL_BROADCAST-com.amazon.mShop.android
- - com.amazon.mas.client.install.CONTENT_PROVIDER_WRITE-com.amazon.mShop.android
- - com.amazon.mas.client.install.INSTALL-com.amazon.mShop.android
- - com.amazon.mas.client.install.KICKOFF_INSTALL-com.amazon.mShop.android
- - com.amazon.mas.client.install.RECEIVE_INSTALL_STATE-com.amazon.mShop.android
- - com.amazon.mas.client.malware.blockedapp.BLOCKED_APP_PROVIDER_WRITE-com.amazon.mShop.android
- - com.amazon.mas.client.settings.provider.CONTENT_PROVIDER_ACCESS
- - com.amazon.mas.client.settings.SETTING_CHANGE_BROADCAST_PERMISSION
- - com.amazon.mShop.android.permission.C2D_MESSAGE
- - com.android.amazon.dcp.ota.permission.INSTALL_PACKAGES
- - com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT
- - com.android.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS
- - com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE
- - getui.permission.GetuiService
Displaying 3 of 0 - show all
- DeletedApplication deleted from the Android Market on 12/26/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.2.0 released on 11/28/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.1.0 released on 11/05/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.0.1 released on 10/02/14.
- UpdatedNew version 5.0.0 released on 09/16/14.
- NewApplication reactivated on 07/30/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.1 released on 07/30/14.
- NewApplication reactivated on 07/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 3.0.0 released on 07/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.10.0 released on 06/03/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.9.8 released on 05/28/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.9.7 released on 05/17/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.9.2 released on 03/14/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.9.1 released on 02/21/14.
- UpdatedNew version 2.8.0 released on 11/26/13.
- ChangesName changed from Amazon Mobile to Amazon on 11/16/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.7.1 released on 10/30/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.7.0 released on 10/08/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.6.0 released on 07/31/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.1 released on 05/21/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.4.0 released on 04/19/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.3.0 released on 02/21/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.2.5 released on 01/09/13.
- UpdatedNew version 2.2.4 released on 12/20/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.2.2 released on 11/30/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.2.1 released on 11/21/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.2.0 released on 11/15/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.1.0 released on 10/16/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 10000000 downloads level reached on 10/07/12.
- UpdatedNew version 2.0.1 released on 08/01/12.
- UpdatedNew version 1.6.0 released on 06/14/12.
- UpdatedNew version 1.5.0 released on 05/04/12.
- UpdatedNew version 1.4.0 released on 01/20/12.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 5000000 downloads level reached on 12/13/11.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. 1000000 downloads level reached on 12/01/11.
- UpdatedNew version 1.3.0 released on 11/18/11.
- ChangesName changed from Amazon.com to Amazon Mobile on 11/18/11.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1.6 released on 09/23/11.
- UpdatedNew version 1.1.0 released on 04/14/11.
- UpdatedNew version 1.0.10 released on 03/28/11.
- UpdatedNew version 1.0.9 released on 03/21/11.
- UpdatedNew version 1.0.6 released on 03/10/10.
- + downloadsBecomes more popular. >250000 downloads level reached on 03/10/10.
- UpdatedNew version 1.0.4 released on 11/14/09.
- UpdatedNew version 1.0.2 released on 11/08/09.
- UpdatedNew version 1.0.1 released on 10/28/09.
Displaying 4 of 46 - show all
Rocking apps .. Look like high product bandwidth in hand..
Lags horribly and has loading problems now doesn't register when I press the back button on my phone just all around a bad app now
I like the customer service,return policy & the prices
I shoped from amazon , they said I got the item , but I don't get it till now.. :(