10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Search many textbook sites at once
- Sell your books to recover some of the cost
- Option to forward links to email
- Easy to use
- Some sites are too small on some displays
- Results take a few seconds to load
Buy and sell textbooks (and other books!) online, comparing prices across multiple sites at once
The world of college textbooks is rife with pitfalls. The things are mad expensive, you end up only using them for a couple months, and then they're practically unsellable - unless you go online. BIGWORDS.com lets you trawl all the best buying and selling textbook stores at once. Locate the books you need for cheap and unload the ones you're done with to earn some pocket money.
The app lets you search all the big names in buying and selling textbooks at once, including half.com, eBay, Amazon, Chegg, Barnes & Noble, TextbookX, and many more. Search based on title and find everything organized by price, including any current promos or coupons. Choose the quality of book you're looking for (brand new or used) and specify what edition you need. Affinity programs are all integrated with the app.
It's simple to buy or sell books from directly within the app itself, although you can send yourself an email instead if you'd prefer to do your shopping later. Some of the sites show up rather small on some display, so either use a tablet or forward yourself the links to check out via desktop.
The app sometimes takes a minute or two to crawl through all the included stores, but it always came through in the end for me. Everything I searched for was found without a hitch.
If you need to deal with the world of textbooks, make it a little less of a pain with the help of the BIGWORDS.com app.
BIGWORDS saves about $1000/yr average textbook orders. WE DON’T SELL ANYTHING. We find the cheapest textbooks to buy or rent by comparing prices at every good online textbook store.
One of Lifehacker's "Five Best Places to Buy Cheap Textbooks": "BIGWORDS is the textbook website that put seller/shipping optimization on the map with their Multi-Item Price Optimization services."
The BIGWORDS Uber-BOT textbook price comparison uses Multi-Item Price Optimization(tm) to maximize promotions and minimize shipping, providing the lowest total cost for your entire textbook order. It’s why we save students $225 on average multi-item orders.
Buy, rent, or sell textbooks: New, used, rentals - They’re all considered and calculated automatically to save you the most money.
...And that’s not all. It’s not exactly Snuggie, but it’ll give you the same warm fuzzy feeling when you realize how well you’re stickin’ it to the bookstore man. If we find books from sellers with low feedback scores, we’ll strip them out for you! Book looks like it’s been run over by a truck? Not a problem! We’ll ignore it. What’s that? You don’t care if it was run over by a truck and fell into a sewer? We’ll show you the very dirt-cheapest textbooks. Nobody, and I mean nobody, does textbooks like this. We slice ‘em, we dice ‘em, we find the cheapest copies of the right textbooks so YOU don’t have to spend your hard earned cash OR spend hours scouring the Internet for deals. This thing cleans up textbook prices like a Sham Wow does grape juice.
Voted most important app by all of us who built it, we believe you will be as overjoyed as we were when it started working. In fact, we’re so sure you’ll be completely satisfied that we’re giving it away FREE! Not a limited time offer. This thing is free and it’s going to stay free, because we love and respect you, student kind.
- Searches all the best textbook stores: Abebooks, Alibris, Amazon, BetterWorld, Biblio, Barnes and Noble, Bookbyte, Bookrenter, Chegg, CourseSmart, eBay, eCampus, FirstClassBooks, half.com, textbooks.com, sellbackyourbooks.com, TextbookX, TextbooksNow, TextbooksRUs, Valore Books.
- Automatically calculates all promotions, coupons, and shipping
- Allows you to ignore any copy or seller - the app will find the next copy
- Set your own shipping speed
- Select whether to include used, marketplaces, international editions, rentals, or guaranteed buybacks
- Affinity program support for Amazon Prime, Barnes and Noble Membership, half.com, etc.
- Buy from the merchants inside the app, or email a link to yourself
- Share feature allows you to send bookbags to friends or other students
- Searches domains: abebooks.com, alibris.com, amazon.com, betterworld.com, biblio.com, bn.com, bookbyte.com, bookrenter.com, cbdirect.com, chegg.com, coursesmart.com, ebay.com, ecampus.com, firstclassbooks.com, half.com, textbooks.com, sellbackyourbooks.com, textbookx.com, textbooksnow.com, textbooksrus.com, valore.com
- calculates textbook buyback too, so you can get up 75% back!
Bar Code Scanning.
Major stability updates.
Support for all recent devices, including tablets.
Can not even open it! Delete!!!
Made a tun u money with this app..
Horrible. Can't open app.
It crashes before it can even load
I can't even open it, keeps crashing
It crashes as soon as you open it. Fix the problem ! Too many people complaining about it and no action taken !