1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Nice interface
- Reliable syncing
- Robust servers
- Lingering bugs
- Loads of spam
+ By AOL Inc.
Text, photo and voice messages are all supported in this well-designed AIM client
For ad-free, clean communication, you could do much worse than AIM. While there's stiff competition from the likes of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, AIM holds up well thanks to a lovely interface and rich feature set.
The UI is clutter-free and intuitive, and there's seamless syncing across platforms (though there are some issues with the desktop platform). The servers seem to be decent, so you can rely on messages being delivered lightning-fast.
Even after multiple updates, there seem to be some lingering bugs: notifications aren't reliable, the display shows 'typing' at the wrong times, and changes to settings aren't always effected. There also seems to be a great amount of spam being sent to AIM users too.
We've been listening to your feedback and we've rethought our app to provide a cleaner, richer experience that is designed for the latest Android devices. We're always happy to hear from you so please reach out to us at email@example.com to let us know how we can make the app even better!
AIM is the best way to keep in touch with people and groups, no matter where they are. With AIM, you can chat with friends on AIM, Facebook and Google Talk. You can also start or join a group chat, share images and your location, and continue conversations with your desktop and web clients seamlessly.
- Chat with your friends from AIM, Facebook and Google chat networks
- Chat with a friend or group of friends with the new ìStart a Chatî button
- Customize your groups with features like add/kick members and edit group icon
- Share photos and your location without leaving the conversation
- Copy and paste messages by long pressing on a message
- Tap on icons to quickly view user details or group chat settings
- See your news feed updates from AIM, Facebook and Instagram in one easy to navigate window
- Like and comment on AIM and Facebook updates without leaving the app
- Go "Off the Record" with a friend in your conversation
- Clear your message history directly from the conversation menu
- Update your incoming message sound alerts
- Update your LED notification color
Thank you for your feedback! Please continue to report issues by reaching us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve put in a ton of stability updates in this release.
- Presence now shown on the constant notification icon
- Network reliability improvements
- Issue with Off-The-Record state fixed
- Multiple crash fixes
Where's the Widget? There is no notification that a new message has arrived. Sort of takes the meaning out of 'INSTANT' messaging.
Best hands down
If you swipe away a notification on the home screen of lollipop, the led notification doesn't go away until you go into the app and read the message. There doesn't seem to be a way to report bugs from inside the app.
Can't get to user settings?
It randomly starts receiving duplicate IMs from people I talk to. I'll sign out and sign back in and it stops, but then after a few hours every message I get from a friend is given twice. Fix this bug, please.
I decided to try it out because of the good old days. I signed in and got an email telling me to link it to Facebook and google. I went back to the app and couldn't figure out how to do that so I gave up and uninstalled it. I tried, but if basic things aren't user friendly enough to find for a new user it's not worth my time.
Need ability to vibrate phone and ability to prevent aim from automatically updating your status to busy or idle or whatever...i want no status and i want my phone to vibrate when i get a message.