ALTitude is a Google Latitude updater designed to minimize the battery drain and replace Latitude.
Make sure to "Enable location sharing" in GMaps settings and set "Location Reporting" to "location manually selected on the map" so that you can keep using Latitude to locate your friends on the map without having the energy overhead of Latitude.
*Sadly Latitude is being discontinued by Google. As a result I have retired the donate version*
ALTitude relies an OAuth2 for authentication against Google Latitude and does not store any username or password.
Please don't use the market's feedback system for support. In case of issues or for any question or suggestion please contact me by e-mail or use the contact information from the about box.
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is used only for writing logs to the SD. In case you don't need that feature please feel free to remoke that permission and disable the corresponding preferences
- android.permission.INTERNET is required to access Latitude and is also used by Admob. This right can not be revoked but you can remove the ads by buying the full version
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE is required by Admob. This right can be revoked if you have the full version
- android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE is required for detecting a Wifi connection to synchronize buffered locations
- android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION and android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION are required to retrieve the location. The method used depends and the preferences.
- android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is required to start ALTitude as a service on boot (full version)
ALTitude is open source so you can inspect/review/ contribute and submit issues or feature requests. Please check the about dialog for further details.
Tags: altitude , altitude 0.7.0.0 not logged in , latitude updater , galaxy s2 altitude , permission for altitude , altitude ringtones , quick action dialog , altitude alarm , market altitude