Carbon for Twitter
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Highly usable
- Minimalist HOLO layout
- It runs smoothly
- Streams can't be added
- It doesn't include any widget
Carbon for Twitter is one of the most popular Twitter client due to its ease of use
The whole point of Carbon for Twitter is usability. In order to achieve it, dots & lines has focused on a minimalist layout and handy access to main features. Thus, if you are one of those who like to customize layout, notifications and even the deepest details of your Twitter client, this isn't for you. Carbon is for users who like simplicity, who give more importance to usability and efficiency.
Carbon is set in HOLO layout which makes it look like a native app if you're running Android 4.0+. Actually, it won't work in earlier versions. Its simple, dark and elegant theme is kind with your battery lfie. Twitter's hard-users will love that.
Carbon is divided in just three swipable streams: timeline, mentions (activity) and direct messages. At the bottom there's a sort of dock from where you can compose tweets or DMs, view your profile or display the right-side options bar. From there you can view your favorites, lists, trends, search, filters and settings. Don't expect lots of adjustable preferences: you can just enable/disable notifications for mentions and messages and switch between accounts (it supports multi-account).
Besides, what makes Carbon such interesting is how handy it is: pull to refresh, swipe to navigate through streams and press + button to compose. That's it. I'm just missing "adding streams" and a homescreen widget for a faster access. Despite these catches, a highly-usable and reliable Twitter client.
All-new Carbon v2 with a new design and experience.
Carbon experience for Android Smartphones. No Tablet support yet.
Simple, Dark, and a dash of elegance for your Twitter day-to-day pleasure.
Carbon is a Twitter client, but unlike other Twitter clients. All of your Twitter content on one screen. A screen that doesn't get you drilling down to many other screens to reach to what you want. Timelines, Lists, Favourites, Searches, Trends, Profiles, all there.
- Fresh new Design & Interface
- Brand new Timeline design & aesthetics
- Swipe-able Timeline, @Mentions, and Messages on Home.
- Quick Timeline, one Timeline for Searches, List, Favourites on your Home screen.
- Don't Disturb Mode
- Oxide Mode for Grayscale Timeline experience
- Power Scroll: Scroll/Swipe up or down using Two fingers to jump to top or bottom of Timelines
- Tweet Quick Actions
- Configuratie Tweet Font Sizes
- Retweets Timeline
- In-App Browser
- In-App YouTube Player
- Vine Previews & Playback
- Rich Timelines with full inline images and videos
- Rich and elegant style for User Profiles
- Rich Conversation View
- Threaded Direct Messages
- Background updates with quick actions for Jelly Bean, per account
- Username Autocomplete
- Mutes/Filters for Hashtags, Users, and Keywords
- People Search
- Obviously Multi-account with simultaneous accounts tweets
- Profile Editor
Additions, Fixes, and Changes - v.2.2.1
- Added title/topic to shared URLs
- Fixed “Grey Tweets” bug on Timelines
- Fixed Tweet Actions bug on Timelines
- Fixed the bug that caused single Taps to be taken as Double Taps
- Fixed the bug that prevented some Youtube videos from showing up
- Fixed Camera landscape freeze bug while composing Tweets
- Fixed Filter bug that let some users slip
- Removed “Quote Tap” option on Timelines
- Tweaked Contrast on Tweet Actions/Buttons
- General UI touch-ups
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
It's not authorising my account it's been a week now
when will the authentication for new users will open as i am sick of tired of waiting:(
Needs more tokens.. Can't authenticate.
There's a bit of a learning curve but once you figure it out you're golden. I never use the actual Twitter app anymore and I keep trying to use two fingers to scroll to the top of other apps. Love it!
Nice layout smooth, but it doesn't show multiple photo uploads. I could only see 1 photo, evnthough there's 4Pics in 1 link.
Very upset that I still haven't been able to download this app but it's still in the top 5 spot.
Major props to the devs... This app is amazing..