Carbon for Twitter
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Highly usable
- Minimalist HOLO layout
- It runs smoothly
- Streams can't be added
- It doesn't include any widget
The whole point of Carbon for Twitter is usability. In order to achieve it, dots & lines has focused on a minimalist layout and handy access to main features. Thus, if you are one of those who like to customize layout, notifications and even the deepest details of your Twitter client, this isn't for you. Carbon is for users who like simplicity, who give more importance to usability and efficiency.
Carbon is set in HOLO layout which makes it look like a native app if you're running Android 4.0+. Actually, it won't work in earlier versions. Its simple, dark and elegant theme is kind with your battery lfie. Twitter's hard-users will love that.
Carbon is divided in just three swipable streams: timeline, mentions (activity) and direct messages. At the bottom there's a sort of dock from where you can compose tweets or DMs, view your profile or display the right-side options bar. From there you can view your favorites, lists, trends, search, filters and settings. Don't expect lots of adjustable preferences: you can just enable/disable notifications for mentions and messages and switch between accounts (it supports multi-account).
Besides, what makes Carbon such interesting is how handy it is: pull to refresh, swipe to navigate through streams and press + button to compose. That's it. I'm just missing "adding streams" and a homescreen widget for a faster access. Despite these catches, a highly-usable and reliable Twitter client.
Simple, Dark, and a dash of elegance for your Twitter day-to-day pleasure.
Carbon is a Twitter client, but unlike other Twitter clients. All of your Twitter content on one screen. A screen that doesn't get you drilling down to many other screens to reach to what you want. Timelines, Lists, Favourites, Searches, Trends, Profiles, all there.
- Tilt Timeline to Refresh
- Power Scroll: Scroll/Swipe up or down using Two fingers to jump to top or bottom of Timelines
- Tap+Hold on Tweets to make everything clickable right on the Timeline
- QuickTimeline, home screen quick Timeline for Lists, Searches, Trends, etc...
- Rich Timelines with full inline images and videos
- Rich and HD style for User Profiles
- Rich and fun Conversation View
- Threaded Direct Messages
- Background updates with quick actions for Jelly Bean, per account
- Username Autocomplete
- Filters for Hashtags, Users, and Keywords
This is the first version and a start. We're adding new features and we'll fix bugs as we get requests and reports. Send them our way!
Recently changed in this version:
- Notification bug that crashed after tapping
- Repeat Notifications
- Notification bug that crashed app when Avatar couldn't be loaded
- Direct Messages Delete bug wasn't saving changes
- Long press bug on Messages
- Composition Screen Account Selector bug
- User Profile Bio: tapping on Mentions & Hashtags bug.
- Timeline duplicated tweets on concurrent refreshes
- Compose bug that didn't allow tweeting at 140 characters
- Verified & Private badges
- Quick mentions
Lists with: Carbon for Twitter
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Comments and ratings for Carbon for Twitter
Love this app, nice and clean and great theme. Wish Twitter would allow push notifications for 3rd parties and this would be the best client available!
Crashes ALL the time now, can't even open it, useless. HTC One S
I love the dark theme. Beautiful app on my Galaxy Nexus.
The best twitter app for android
Like the app, just wish it had a better menu. I retweeted a tweet by accident because it didn't let me know what button does what...
Design and every thing is brilliant juz need to add the function of reading conversation tweet
I love this twitter app. It's got such a clean interface, it's awesome!