Carbon for Twitter
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Highly usable
- Minimalist HOLO layout
- It runs smoothly
- Streams can't be added
- It doesn't include any widget
Carbon for Twitter is one of the most popular Twitter client due to its ease of use
The whole point of Carbon for Twitter is usability. In order to achieve it, dots & lines has focused on a minimalist layout and handy access to main features. Thus, if you are one of those who like to customize layout, notifications and even the deepest details of your Twitter client, this isn't for you. Carbon is for users who like simplicity, who give more importance to usability and efficiency.
Carbon is set in HOLO layout which makes it look like a native app if you're running Android 4.0+. Actually, it won't work in earlier versions. Its simple, dark and elegant theme is kind with your battery lfie. Twitter's hard-users will love that.
Carbon is divided in just three swipable streams: timeline, mentions (activity) and direct messages. At the bottom there's a sort of dock from where you can compose tweets or DMs, view your profile or display the right-side options bar. From there you can view your favorites, lists, trends, search, filters and settings. Don't expect lots of adjustable preferences: you can just enable/disable notifications for mentions and messages and switch between accounts (it supports multi-account).
Besides, what makes Carbon such interesting is how handy it is: pull to refresh, swipe to navigate through streams and press + button to compose. That's it. I'm just missing "adding streams" and a homescreen widget for a faster access. Despite these catches, a highly-usable and reliable Twitter client.
All-new Carbon v2 with a new design and experience.
Carbon experience for Android Smartphones. No Tablet support yet.
Simple, Dark, and a dash of elegance for your Twitter day-to-day pleasure.
Carbon is a Twitter client, but unlike other Twitter clients. All of your Twitter content on one screen. A screen that doesn't get you drilling down to many other screens to reach to what you want. Timelines, Lists, Favourites, Searches, Trends, Profiles, all there.
- Fresh new Design & Interface
- Brand new Timeline design & aesthetics
- Swipe-able Timeline, @Mentions, and Messages on Home.
- Quick Timeline, one Timeline for Searches, List, Favourites on your Home screen.
- Don't Disturb Mode
- Oxide Mode for Grayscale Timeline experience
- Power Scroll: Scroll/Swipe up or down using Two fingers to jump to top or bottom of Timelines
- Tweet Quick Actions
- Configuratie Tweet Font Sizes
- Retweets Timeline
- In-App Browser
- In-App YouTube Player
- Vine Previews & Playback
- Rich Timelines with full inline images and videos
- Rich and elegant style for User Profiles
- Rich Conversation View
- Threaded Direct Messages
- Background updates with quick actions for Jelly Bean, per account
- Username Autocomplete
- Mutes/Filters for Hashtags, Users, and Keywords
- People Search
- Obviously Multi-account with simultaneous accounts tweets
- Profile Editor
Additions, Fixes & Changes, v.2.1.1
- Added “What’s New” to Settings Screen.
- Fixed “In Reply To Tweet” Type style on Compose Screen
- Fixed User-Bio Type style on User Profile.
- Trends Locations are now sorted by Alphabet
- Fast scrolling with Alphabet Navigation
- Added Tweet options to Tweet View for Copying and Copying Link to Tweet
- Added System locale formatting to Numbers on User Profile
- Added Favorites Count to Tweet View
- Full SSL
- General UI touch-ups and contrast balance
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I had downloaded Carbon before, but stopped using it because it left a kind of strange taste in my mouth–it didn't do what I wanted, and if it did it felt wrong. But the newest version puts it leagues ahead of the official Twitter app. Version 2 is real
Probably the most beautiful way to tweet. This is a must have app for everyone. Too bad that they have passed the token limit. The gestures are absolutely killer.
Had a much nicer design before and less confusing format.
I Love The App It Looks And Works Great. However, I Wish The System Buttons Would Stay.
I love this app 😚
Love this app, smooth and all its features are great. I love how it auto-completes when you're going to @ someone, but lately it doesn't auto-complete and nothing comes up when I start @ someone. Please fix this bug.
Dice que no puede autenticar.