First for Gamers
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Original app concept
- Gaming discussion board
- Follow users, invite friends
- Should be optimized for tablets
- Needs some chat options: mute thread, reply notifications
- Needs more categories and filtering options
+ By Red Robot Labs
First for Gamers is a gaming discussion board
I'm pretty sure you are in some online forums already. Forums are perfect discussion boards about any topics. First for Gamers is an innovative concept of discussion board: it's something between a forum and a livechat. It feels like a Reddit for gaming: you can live chat, post on message boards, share media fiels and link your social networks to it. In other words, it's a free platform for sharing and debate about any gaming-related topic easily, from your mobile device.
Actually, topics are open and displayed as a messaging app conversation: bubbles, profile pics and a input text box at the bottom. However, you can send text and add URL, Youtube videos, photos and even location. Share anything with gaming buddies. Get rumors about consoles and gaming release, discuss about game features, developers movements, console prices... you name it!
You can filter content by platform (xBoxOne, Android, iOS, PS4...) and by new/popular. It should include more filters and categories though. Anyway, posts can be searched by keywords or user. You can favorite threads for a quick access to them and subscribe to users to follow their posts. Obviously, you can invite friends to join the app.
First for Gamers is an orignial app concept set in a user-friendly interface. An hybrid that merges forums and social network to bring together one of the most active community: gamers. Highly recommended.Developer's original description available here
F!RST blends the best of live chat, social networks, message boards, and media sharing. It’s designed specifically for gamers, and it’s the first gamer community built exclusively for your mobile device. Start conversations as you would in a forum with an image, YouTube video, headline, or web link, and then chat about it live with other gamers.
F!RST can be shaped by simply subscribing to the games and subjects you care about, and to the people whose opinions matter to you most.
F!RST lets you shape and curate your experience so you can quickly chat with likeminded people whatever your gaming tastes.
- Live chat about videogames with likeminded gamers
- Live chat with players in Red Robot's Friendly Fire
- Share images quickly and easily
- Find and share YouTube videos - link your own YouTube channel to easily share videos you've posted, liked, and favorited
- Share specific web pages by simply searching for the headline, and sharing the link
- Save specific topics to your favorites, for quick access to conversations that are important to you
- Icons and wallpapers for user profiles designed by former Bitmap Bros’ artist Dan Malone
Note: F!RST allows you to share your location with other users. This is why location services are noted in the permissions when you first install the application.
Help us build the best gamer community in the world. Share F!RST with your friends http://frst.it
- Fixed some issues with YouTube integration
- Bug fixes and optimizations
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Great forums. Everyone is extra awesome on here.
App runs great, and friendly users.
It runs so slow. I'm on a Galaxy Note 2. Runs even slower in Friendly Fire. Lags.
It is a fantastic message board/chat system that beats all the other forum platforms. The community is active and fun. If you love to get the skinny on gaming news and chat about it with others, you will not want to miss out.