50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Sharing request location system
- Notifications when friends are nearby
Friend Finder: share your location with your Facebook friends and receive notifications when they're nearby
Friend Finder widen Facebook features by adding geo-location. Thanks to Friend Finder you'll be able to see in real-time where you friends are on a map and even meet them if they're nearby.
Actually, Friend Finder is a great idea that favors real meetups with Facebook friends that otherwise you won't even happen. If FF notifies that a friend is just around, why don't pass by and say hello? Yes, that's the good approach, the bad one is regarding privacy: is it safe to share where you are 24/7.
Well, Friend Finder allows you to choose who you're going to share location with by ticking your contacts from a list. In addition, you friends must accept that request, otherwise you won't be able to share location with them. This partly solve the privacy issue.
Once done, you'll be able to see each other on the map (Google's Map is the source). You can even share your phone number and allow shared friends to call you. If you enable it, you'll be notified when friends are nearby. You can set friend's minimum distance to get notifications.
Really easy to use. Layout should be enhanced though. Buttons and navigation through menus is tricky. Despite of this, Friend Finder is a really useful app. Recommendable.
View your friends' locations in real-time via their device's GPS
If your friends do not have android friends they can go to the Web App on facebook at http://apps.facebook.com/gps-friendfinder/
[How to use the app]
* First go to the friends screen and tick the box's next to
each friend you'd like to share locations with and press save.
* The check box will remain UNTICKED even after you press save until your friend accepts your share request by ticking the box next to your name on THEIR screen
* You will now be able to see each other on the Map screen.
* You will also receive notifications when they are near by
* Press a friends image on the map screen to interact with them by a) calling them, b) texting them, c) navigate to them
-Fixed issue with "Share Request" notification
- Added friend share request notification
- Added "tutorial" pop-ups for first time users
- Tutorials will not show the next time you run the app
You can't even log into facebook
No chance of working as it could not connect to Facebook. Programming error apparently.
Can't connect to facebook
-"App Not Setup: The developers of this app have not set up this app properly for Facebook Login." Considering how many "1-star" ratings (some around 8 months old) there are for this app, this SHOULD be pretty embarrassing for "LynkBox Systems" I did a search for "LynkBox", and thankfully, this is the only app they have on Google Play. I would recommend keeping an eye out for this compan
Won't let m log into my facebook
Won't connect to Facebook