50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By quetonix
APP GUIDE HERE: goo.gl/e1NhV
** SPECIAL THANKS TO MATT BRYSON AND JAMES ROBBINS. **
This app is free! THIS APP CONTAINS NO ADS.
-INTERNET : Needed to retrieve account information as well as linking to the community and accessing twitter feeds. https used where necessary.
-CALL_PHONE : APP needs permission to make phone calls as it needs to dial USSD codes to turn voicemail on or off etc. THIS IS ALL IT IS USED FOR.
-WRITE_APN_SETTINGS : App has now got the function to add the giffgaff APN! Coded with the help of Matt Bryson (developer of the great app giffgaff by Skinkers).
- New high res icon (courtesy of James Robbins - THANKS)
- Order a free sim from within the app (and get £5 free credit*)!
- Splash screen shown as web items load.
- Faster web rendering speeds - DEPENDS ON DEVICE!
Android 4.x+ only:
- New Holo theme to go with ICS and Jelly Bean.
- New loading bar and main menu.
*with a £10 minimum topup on the new sim
- Fixed "page not found" errors
- Other minor bug fixes
- Corrected Spelling error. Thanks Simon.
- Fixed APN error on devices with Android <4.0. Sorry, I used api version 4 and not android version 4.0 (which is api version 15).
- Fixed APN bug which caused the app to crash for some users.
- Includes widgets!! Check goodybag balance, remaining texts and remaining call time.
- Now includes network checker to check the status of the network in your area! menu > preferences.
- Search function added in the main menu.
- Exit function works without a prompt.
- Even faster rendering speed.
- Fixed layout bug for small screen devices.
- App has new icon (due to popular demand)!
- New about page with easy access to rate app.
- Bug fixes.
- Significant increase in app browser load speed (up to 3x faster than previous version.
- Bug fixes.
- Bug fixes for low - mid end phones.
- Open current page in web browser (menu > more) - Useful when you need to copy paste a link or view a linked page hosted outside of giffgaff's domain.
- Updated menu icons for ICS.
- Buttons slightly enlarged, easier to press.
- Bug fixes.
- Added giffgaff facebook page to menu --> more.
- Splash screen can be skipped by tapping on it.
- Added donate button to preferences. Please donate if you can :).
- Improved UI.
- Moved tools from menu --> more to menu --> preferences.
- Less cluttered look and feel.
- Stability fixes and faster start-up time.
- Fixed a bug with the about dialog
- Faster startup.
- Added preference to main menu.
- Can toggle fullscreen mode in prefs
- Can toggle large text font in prefs
- Preferences are saved when app is closed
- Fullscreen splash screen.
- Enhanced transitions.
- Exit re-added - menu --> more.
- Ability to add the giffgaff APN within the app! See menu --> more. THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR ICS (Android version 4.0+)!
- App is now compatible with devices on android version 2.1+.
- Improved UI and more bug fixes.
**Please note that any error you receive while topping up, trying to connect to my account or the community is a problem with the giffgaff servers and has nothing to do with the functions of the app. The app can only work well if the giffgaff servers are also working well. If giffgaff's servers are down, the my account, top-up and community section of the app will NOT work.**
*Have a suggestion? Why not email me or leave a comment below.*
This app is created by Qasim Musa. If you have any questions regarding the functions of this app, send an email to quetonix@LIVE.CO.UK
Tags: giff gaff app, giffgaff app android, giffgaff for android, giffgaff voicemail prompts, android 2.1 giffgaff.
Recently changed in this version:
- Support for tablets. - Finally managed to figure out how to do this.
- Change back to mobile view from within app, menu --> more.
- Removed splash - annoyingly slow.
- Landscape capabilities added - for the first time!
- Fixed views for tablets and other devices - no more right scrolling in "my account" page.
- Many more bug fixes.
See change log in description.