Glympse - Share your location
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- No account need (nor you either your contacts)
- Tracks route and average speed
- Accuracy could be improved
- Needs to integrate more social networks
- Battery killer
+ By Glympse
Glympse is a simple way to share your location: Account isn't needed
Dozens of social networks for sharing your location are coming up. Yet most of them share a catch: you have to create an account, add friends, link other social networks among other stuff before sharing where you are.
Glympse works different: you just need to download the app and share your location in real-time. Although you can add your profile pic, view your check-in history and add other social networks, there's no need to register. Just share. Share via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook or SMS. Share where you are and where you're going. Share expected time to reach the place, distance and average speed. Share a message attached to your Glympse. Avoid all the bureaucracy and just SHARE. That's what Glympse does.
Attached to your Glympse sharing, there will be a link to Glympse website. From there, your friends can check where you are and follow your path to your goal. Your friends (or just the people you share your location with) don't need to have an account either. Glympse lets you choose location provider (Google or Skyhook). What's more, you can choose preferred unit (metric or imperial), as well as the parameters you want to share: location, speed, etc.
Glympse has been developed by Share your Where, an emerging developer who has just launched this app on the market with remarkably success (over 1 Million downloads)·
Glympse doesn't have extra features as badges or location-based games. However, it's an essential sharing app with no frills. Its simplicity is its keystone.
No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients receive a link allowing them to view your ETA and location in real-time for the length of time you choose. When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view your real-time map. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter, and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device.
-- Awards & Press –-
* "[Glympse] is one of those apps that’s ingenious in its simplicity, insanely handy to have around, and just a little bit fun to boot." – CNET Reviews
* "Glympse: The Coolest Thing Your Smartphone Can Do" – Fast Company
* Named one of "15 Best Mobile Apps of 2011" – Mashable
-- User Testimonials --
***** “The best family and friends finder out there. If you need something that will help you stay in contact with your loved ones and you don't get this app then you are missing the boat” - via Google Play review
***** "Thanks u guys!!! This is so awesome! Now when my parents want to know where I am I just send them a Glympse!!! Thnx!" -via Glympse support
***** “No other location app I have used comes close to this one for accuracy and reliability. Used to keep track of the family unit, great for me.” - via Google Play review
***** "Absolutely LOVE this app! I take the bus home from work and my husband picks me up at the bus stop. I send a Glympse when I get on the bus and he can track the location. We also use it when we are running 5k, 10k and half marathon races. It works fabulously!" -via Glympse support
* Easy: no sign-up required or friend lists to manage
* Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
* Live: share location in real-time
* Open: share with anyone – no app required to view
* Passive: runs in the background
* Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
Use Glympse to:
* coordinate a night out with friends
* let your spouse know when you’ll be home from work
* negotiate an extra hour of curfew with your parents
* make sure a loved one knows you are safe while running or cycling
* find family members at a theme park
* provide a courtesy notice & ETA to a client when you are stuck in traffic
* share a charity run with followers on Facebook or Twitter
* direct emergency personnel to you quickly
Note about PERMISSIONS: If you have any questions about which Android permissions we require or how we use them, please visit... http://glympse.com/perms
Note about our WIDGET: Many versions of Android do not allow widgets to work for apps installed to the SD card. If you encounter this issue, moving the application back to main memory should resolve the issue.
We LOVE TO HEAR FROM CUSTOMERS. If you have an issue or suggestion, please use the "Feedback" feature in the app under Settings or send us a email at email@example.com.
Minor enhancements and bug fixes
Perfect for letting the kids know how soon we will be there to pick them up!
Works as intended.
Lets me make my position known to others in very elegant way. It taps into my Google contacts and I can choose who I want to know about my whereabouts and for what length of time I want them to have that info. Great tool when you are going to a meeting and you want to let others know where you are so they can see you are on your way.
Great for individuals and for group outings.