1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- No account need (nor you either your contacts)
- Tracks route and average speed
- Accuracy could be improved
- Needs to integrate more social networks
- Battery killer
Glympse is a simple way to share your location: Account isn't needed
Dozens of social networks for sharing your location are coming up. Yet most of them share a catch: you have to create an account, add friends, link other social networks among other stuff before sharing where you are.
Glympse works different: you just need to download the app and share your location in real-time. Although you can add your profile pic, view your check-in history and add other social networks, there's no need to register. Just share. Share via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook or SMS. Share where you are and where you're going. Share expected time to reach the place, distance and average speed. Share a message attached to your Glympse. Avoid all the bureaucracy and just SHARE. That's what Glympse does.
Attached to your Glympse sharing, there will be a link to Glympse website. From there, your friends can check where you are and follow your path to your goal. Your friends (or just the people you share your location with) don't need to have an account either. Glympse lets you choose location provider (Google or Skyhook). What's more, you can choose preferred unit (metric or imperial), as well as the parameters you want to share: location, speed, etc.
Glympse has been developed by Share your Where, an emerging developer who has just launched this app on the market with remarkably success (over 1 Million downloads)·
Glympse doesn't have extra features as badges or location-based games. However, it's an essential sharing app with no frills. Its simplicity is its keystone.
When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view a Glympse. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter, and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device. You can also send a Glympse to your Evernote account to save that journey.
-- Awards & Press --
* "[Glympse] is one of those apps that's ingenious in its simplicity, insanely handy to have around, and just a little bit fun to boot." -CNET Reviews
* "Glympse: The Coolest Thing Your Smartphone Can Do" -Fast Company
* Named one of "15 Best Mobile Apps of 2011" -Mashable
-- User Testimonials --
***** "This app is awesome... I use it to show people where I am, my eta, to coordinate several people meeting at the same place coming from different directions... It gives people peace of mind, and the option to see it in a web browser is awesome for those who don't yet have the app. Also, it's nice that you can set the Glympse to expire upon arrival for saved battery life." - Bradley Dunham via iTunes
***** "Thanks u guys!!! This is so awesome! Now when my parents want to know where I am I just send them a Glympse!!! Thnx!" -via Glympse Support
***** "I Glympse during bike races so my fam knows where to intercept me. When I'm heading back from a meeting, or when we are heading to other's location." -98Buff via iTunes
***** "Absolutely LOVE this app! I take the bus home from work and my husband picks me up at the bus stop. I send a Glympse when I get on the bus and he can track the location. We also use it when we are running 5k, 10k and half marathon races. It works fabulously!" -via Glympse Support
* Easy: no sign-up required or friend lists to manage
* Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
* Live: share location in real-time
* Open: share with anyone - no app required to view
* Passive: runs in the background
* Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
Use Glympse to:
* coordinate a night out with friends
* let your spouse know when you'll be home from work
* negotiate an extra hour of curfew with your parents
* make sure a loved one knows you are safe while running or cycling
* find family members at a theme park
* provide a courtesy notice & ETA to a client when you are stuck in traffic
* share a charity run with followers on Facebook or Twitter
* direct emergency personnel to you quickly
Glympse works on all phones and tablets running Android 2.1 or newer.
Note about PERMISSIONS: If you have any questions about which Android permissions we require or how we use them, please visit... http://glympse.com/perms
Note about our WIDGET: Many versions of Android do not allow widgets to work for apps installed to the SD card. If you encounter this issue, moving the application back to main memory should resolve the issue.
We LOVE TO HEAR FROM CUSTOMERS. If you have an issue or suggestion, please use the "Feedback" feature in the app under Settings or send us a email at email@example.com.
Gogo and Glympse have teamed up to enhance the connected inflight experience by adding location sharing to all Gogo wifi-enabled planes. Air passengers can now keep anyone they choose in the know about their current whereabouts, even at 30,000’. Sharing stays active until your flight lands, even if you turn off your phone.
If you have an issue or suggestion, please use the "Feedback" feature in the app under Settings or send us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BDO G. Downloaded Dec 2, 2013
- Richard M. Downloaded Nov 26, 2013
- Shah V. Downloaded Nov 25, 2013
- Vj R. Downloaded Nov 14, 2013
- Ernst E. Downloaded Nov 14, 2013
- Jorge B. Downloaded Nov 14, 2013
- Danvincible .. Downloaded Nov 14, 2013
- Anna G. Reviewed Oct 16, 2013
- Tangguofang Downloaded Jun 22, 2013
We come know the people telling lie or no
I use it everyday.
Getting better and better. Now fix the battery life
Please include chat option also.
Awesome app locations are accurate
I use this utility several times a week in business and always when traveling.