100,000,000 - 500,000,000 downloads
- It’s feature-rich
- Android integration
- Waiting for all the web version features
- Perhaps too rich to give it enough focus
- Notification overload
It may be that Google+ isn't Google's first attempt into social networking. What it's for sure is that it's its best.
Also, it may seem that launching the app when its web counterpart is still in betatesting stage is premature, but appropiate to a world where smartphones become more prominent each day.
Early findings: absolute integration with Android, Picassa, group messaging, easy and intuitive UI, sharing and +1 buttons everywhere, "circles" to grant and deny access to the information you share and, last but not least, instant upload from your device photo gallery to your Google+ Stream.
Everything's easy and clever, usability is wonderful (far more wonderful than you-know-what-starting-by-an F).
We wouldn't like to say that a war's begun. However, it's time to choose sides.
You can check our blog out for more info
- Enjoy magazine style layout in the new tablet version
- Automatically share photos to an Event with Party Mode
- Video chat with up to 9 friends with mobile Hangouts
- Turn on Instant Upload to sync photos from your phone to a private Google+ album
- Check out the What’s Hot stream to see trending topics
- View the Nearby stream to see what people near your location are saying
Recently changed in this version:
- Set bigger cover photos, with a better aspect ratio
- Support for strikethrough formatting
- Additional bug fixes and performance improvements
Last activity on Google+
Lists with: Google+
Comments and ratings for Google+
Perfect, but my battery suffers a lot...
Shouldn't be forced on users with unrooted phones. The entire point of Android is customization, not apps you can't uninstall.
I find it funny how Google has the time to update this app and most of their others. But they don't have the consideration to update YouTube so it is actually useable to some users. They can't even add extras to the YouTube app. -_-