50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Smooth UI
- Great community
- Didn't find any. Did you?
An edit and share on the go app for Android.
Although Hipster seems more a name for an iOS app that an Android one, the truth is that it's available for both languages, and claims to take over the crown of both realms regarding pic sharing.
In the end, Hipster is nothing more than a well designed app to take a pic, edit it -usually as if it was taken twenty years ago- and share publicly it to get comments and encouraging words from your friends or unknown alike. Editing options don't merely allow to a bunch of wonderful filters but to passe-partouts as well.
In addition, Hipster allows to create postcards by adding a short text and pinpointing the location where it was taken. You can also see what postcards have been sent from wherever you are at this moment, which is more useful than you may think at first. Of course, postcards can also be shared via Facebook, Twitter or any other usual social media, so don't forget to tag your friends here and there.
Your photos are linked to Hipster web-based service, so you can continue with the fun when you arrive home. In conclusion, a great app that hasn't anything to envy to you-already-know-what.
Using Hipster you are able to create and send beautiful photographic postcards. Your postcards will be composed of a photo, text, location, and more, which will provide a window into what you are currently experiencing.
Through postcards, Hipster creates a real-time, visual record of locations and events all around the world.
• Choose your postcard style from many gorgeous themes.
• Share your postcards on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare and Flickr.
• Keep track of where your friends are and what they are doing.
• View the most interesting postcards that were sent from your location.
• Tag the friends who are in your postcards.
• Signup with Facebook or email (tap the more button).
• Internet: Access Hipster servers and services.
• Write external storage: Save camera images and rendered postcards.
• Fine/Coarse location: To show you nearby content and optionally geotag your postcards.
• Network state: Allows us to determine if you are on Wifi or mobile network.
• Read contacts: Used to optionally find your friends on Hipster by email. Email addresses are never saved.
• Read logs: Get detailed crash logs to fix bugs.
Keywords: Photo Effects, Photo Filters, Postcard, Camera, Themes, Share, Social Network
• Galaxy SII fix
• 4 new themes, 2 updated
• Custom postcard text
• Optionally disable postcard geotag
• Resize/crop postcard source image (if supported)
• Share any postcard (long press it)
• Holo theme for ICS
• Bug fixes
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
It's pretty rad
The main things I wanted to request appear to be forthcoming according to them (coming soon - manual text entry in postcards and location disable should I want that from time to time). I love this app and it has become my favorite 'social shooter'. Ke
Would love the ability to add my own caption to the post cards. I do not live in a church, which this app seems to think I do.
Good app but would like to take GPS off. Dont want any crazy people coming after me.
Great app! Simply the best! Can't wait for the custom postcard text!
will be 5 stars to remove geo tag, custom text and style