Meeting new people made easier.
Have you ever sat bored at the bar or on the bus looking for new, interesting people to talk to? Finding it difficult to start the talk?
Download the App, define how you look today, and switch it on. The App will look for other people using it and being really close to you (same bar, same club, same party, same bus). If you like a person, mark him / her with a star. They will not know it unless they also star you. Then it is easy to just say ‘ hey - our stars match’
This App does not use GPS or Internet connection - so it is very private. No data is stored on servers, no registration required, no ads, no users tracking - you only need other poeple close to you using it. Try it out with your friends, it might be fun.
Please remember the following:
1. This is an experimental App - it might have problems or not work at all on your phone, especially on older models
2. It uses Bluetooth to communicate with other devices - this includes temporary changing the Bluetooth name of your device. If you find this is a security risk, don’t use the App
3. You don’t need to pair with devices to use this app - if you get pairing requests while using it, always cancel / ignore them
3. On Android 2.3.3 it will ask you every 5 minutes if you want to be seen. You have to agree to this to be visible to others.
4. To save battery the App looks for devices once per minute - so there is some latency involved in seeing others
5. As with other type of social apps - if no one else uses it - it will not work. So try it with your friends on campus, at work; blog and tweet about it.
Tags: social, friends, dating
Tags: looking for friends bluetooth , apps to make friends
from 2 reviews